Web page builder

DirkyDanglar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know of any freebie software that I can use to create my own web page/site, I would also be interested in a good cheep place for it to be hosted from.

DD

Are looking at any advanced features like animation or running any type of scripts.

Hi,
Does anyone know of any freebie software that I can use to create my own web page/site, I would also be interested in a good cheep place for it to be hosted from.

DD

Can you give us some more information, such as what topic are you going to base your website on etc.

In the meantime, there is a website I know of that I created a website on before. The website is "w*w.2createawebsite.com". It's one of the best sites out there that actually guide you through the website building process.

You also need to have a budget depending on the type of website.

Hi,

DD

Have a look at w*w. qiq.com

£19.99 for one year hosting including a domain name. It's part of the Net4Now people.

Site type

The type of site I want to create is a basic front page with a entry point that you have to enter via a password. Once inside I just want to be able to share folders containing pics music etc with family and friends. I also want to be able to set up a few email accounts from the site.? Does this help with the software I will need, I am sure its very basic stuff.

DD

Karym6,
No I don't want to do it all myself, I realy just want to copy someone elses work so that I can use it.

DD

Karym6,
No I don't want to do it all myself, I realy just want to copy someone elses work so that I can use it.

DD
Doing it yourself is a noble thing, but if all you want to do is copy someone elses work I dont see the point?

Picasa is very good at what it does, its free, does exactly what you want it to do and will work straight away for you.

Doing it yourself is a noble thing, but if all you want to do is copy someone elses work I dont see the point?

Picasa is very good at what it does, its free, does exactly what you want it to do and will work straight away for you.

I would love to have the time to learn how to write it myself but at the moment I don't, I do need to set it up now so unfortunately I may have to cheat a bit.
DD

Ok, in that case you can go for an all in one like Picasa (which is the best thing for you) or you can try out something like Brinkster. They are a hosting company that offer some built in packages, including a picture gallery. They also provide a DB as well as examples in PHP and ASP.

So, you would need to create a log in page based on the examples and link that to the gallery itself. They also offer Joomla, which could be used for the same purposes as well as PHPBB, here you could create a custom forum that people need special access to in order to look at your files (this site uses PHPBB I think).

Ok, in that case you can go for an all in one like Picasa (which is the best thing for you) or you can try out something like Brinkster. They are a hosting company that offer some built in packages, including a picture gallery. They also provide a DB as well as examples in PHP and ASP.

So, you would need to create a log in page based on the examples and link that to the gallery itself. They also offer Joomla, which could be used for the same purposes as well as PHPBB, here you could create a custom forum that people need special access to in order to look at your files (this site uses PHPBB I think).

Cheers mate, I will be sitting down and giving it a go shortly, I will report back with my progress and success.
DD

Sat down the other night for a while until the wife said I was boring and told me to leave the PC alone, I walked away like a naughty little schoolboy.

DD

Dear all,
Just to update you with my progress, I found another thread on digitalworldz

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/177861/

having read through this it ends up giving the following free hosting 110mb.com I have set up my site on this, very easy free and if I muck it up NO MONEY LOST.
:banana::BLOBBY::Clap:
DD

Last edited by a moderator:
Back