We can do it,remember 5-1

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
its possible you know.we can do it :) I hope lol

england5c.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ0uIKjommQ]YouTube - Germany 1 England 5 : Goal Frenzy[/ame]

No Michael Owen though, and Rooney, even at his best has never matched Owen's performances for England.

Heskey played a blinder though, and even scored! :)

I agree it was a completely different England side and a completely different German side that night. And the pundits said before that match back then that they were defending like a pub team and we put 5 past them in the match.....this game on Sunday is a whole different affair it's a different Germany side and a different England side and it will be a hard, hard game for both sides in my opinion and quite honestly it could go either way. Though as an Englishman I do take solace in that 5-1 thrashing we gave them on their own turf. Happy days. I just hope we simply turn up but it's the round of the last 16 against the Germans I don't think there's any worry about motivation there....

yes i remember 5.1 well,i was in a bar in spain next to a german bar,ripped the pish out of them that day lol

happy days

I remember it well, all goals scored by Liverpool players...:proud:

Good luck to England, if they can't rise themselves and fight for ever ball in this game, then they don't deserve to go any further.

NONE

I remember it well, all goals scored by Liverpool players...:proud:

Good luck to England, if they can't rise themselves and fight for ever ball in this game, then they don't deserve to go any further.

NONE

You had to dint ya just had to
No such thing as a Liverpool player in this game J dog

You had to dint ya just had to
No such thing as a Liverpool player in this game J dog

pmsl...surprised it took you so long to respond, I thought it would be immediate...lol

Your right, it's a team game, all rivalries are off...:banana:

pmsl...surprised it took you so long to respond, I thought it would be immediate...lol

Your right, it's a team game, all rivalries are off...:banana:

haha all rivalries are indeed off mate we shall progress as one
You could say we are united :proud:

There is no doubt we have players more then capable of giving this German team a comfortable beating. However recent performances leave alot to be desired!

For us to win Rooney needs to step up or get taken off simple as no player is bigger then the team and same applies to Lampard.

Overall in this battle the midfield will be key Barry on Ozil will be possibly the key battle as Ozil is Germanys playmaker. Germs offense runs through him.

For us i think Glen Johnson could play a big part going forward as he is brilliant at doing that.

Last edited:
Never mind 5-1

I remember 4-2 in 1966

Some people are on the pitch, they think its all over...........
It is now.

Words that are as famous as
One small step for man.............
I have a dream...........
We will fight them on the beaches.................

C'mon England

There is no doubt we have players more then capable of giving this German team a comfortable beating. However recent performances leave alot to be desired!

For us to win Rooney needs to step up or get taken off simple as no player is bigger then the team and same applies to Lampard.

Overall in this battle the midfield will be key Barry on Ozil will be possibly the key battle as Ozil is Germanys playmaker. Germs offense runs through him.

For us i think Glen Johnson could play a big part going forward as he is brilliant at doing that.

balls to rooney ..he aint fit .
i dont know why capello is wastin his time with him ...
he shud START with crouch and defoe and stop wastin precious time .
other than that , england are MORE THAN capable of beatin this team of germans !

EDIT..lol just watch rooney ger a hat trick now after i said that hahahaha...here is to hopin

Never mind 5-1

I remember 4-2 in 1966

Some people are on the pitch, they think its all over...........
It is now.

Words that are as famous as
One small step for man.............
I have a dream...........
We will fight them on the beaches.................

C'mon England

Technically its no the same team ;)

Beckenbauer's Boys Can do it

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i am england through and through but i can see us having trouble getting any further!!

i am england through and through but i can see us having trouble getting any further!!

With England finishing 2nd in the group they've made it hard for themselves, if they beat Germany they'll have to face Argentina in quarters (Assuming they beat Mexico).

I think that'll be the end of the road for England, I think Argentina will win the world cup.

England have the players but don't have the team, they've yet to find a manager that has the balls to drop the high profile under achievers. Who in their right mind would take injured and unfit players to a world cup just because of their name?

To put it into context I think any of the top 5 English championship sides would thrash the England team as it stands today.

I still say that half the reason this England team come unstuck is because for some reason they do not play a fast paced style on the international stage that they are used to playing at week in and week out in the English league.....it was more like it in that regard against the Slovenians and even though it wasn't perfect by any stretch I think we all saw a marked improvement and for me England look so much better playing at that tempo - rather than the slow arse pass it sideways only to then kick n rush like they normally do.

I think England have a good chance so long as they turn up and play. If not then we are coming home, simple as. That goes for the whole tournament too.

Not sure what to say now, it started out with germany all over them, but england have made a great come back and it defo should be 2 all now at half time!

I can remember Germany beating England 4-1

Oh wait that was today. these Pilsner Lagers are good:Cheers:

Back