WD external hard drive

Windy21

Member +
Reaction score
Family member purchased one of these to back up his Laptop.

He tried the passport software that comes with it not realising it was a trial.

Is there any shareware packages that would allow him to do the same and allow hime to syncronise his lappy with the external for back up and restore.

Family member purchased one of these to back up his Laptop.

He tried the passport software that comes with it not realising it was a trial.

Is there any shareware packages that would allow him to do the same and allow hime to syncronise his lappy with the external for back up and restore.

MS's Synctoy?

Hi,

I realise this is an older thread but it pretty much covers the problem a friend of mine is having. She bought a WD external drive but it doesn't appear to have any back-up software with it.

MS-sync sounds like it will cover what she requires. I've had a read over the MS web page where you can down load it but I just wanted to clarify a something. Will this program automatically back up her files? I'm getting a bit confused as some articles I read make syncing and backing up sound the same but others make it sound different?

What she’s after is a program that will automatically back up her files from selected directories. The option of scheduling back ups would be good. I’ve read a review for back up software on cnet.com that looks like it’s perfect but it’s not free. It would be handy if there’s some free software available, by free I don’t mean from a torrent site etc :)

Thanks.

Back