WD 4TB Elements Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 £64.99 & FREE Delivery

spud1966

Staff member
Reaction score
3415598_1.jpg

• Compatible with the USB 3.0 devices and backward compatibility with USB 2.0 devices
  • WD build the drive to our demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance and long-term reliability
  • Formatted NTFS for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7; requires reformatting for Mac OS X
  • Operating temperature: 5°Celsius to 35°Celsius , Non-op. temperature: -20°Celsius to 65°Celsius

anyone know if a standard drive is inside. need new drives for my nas.

The size would indicate a 3.5" drive
Item Dimensions4.8 x 13.5 x 16.58 cm

Last edited:
i got a external WD drive before and it had no sata connection when it took it apart, The things are usually a good bit cheaper than actual internal drives.

I wont risk it.

Was it a 3.5 inch black? If it was that's rubbish, you want to be able to reuse the case if the drive fails @Grimeire.

No it was 2.5 inch HDDs blue. The WD one is one passport and had a other 2.5 that was transcend. Both did not have sata connections.

Their 2.5 inch ones can be really small so I can understand that, I'd be pissed if it was the same on a big drive.

Don't know that what i was thinking to strip it down and slap it into the pc ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

says not a drive to keep on 24/7 mmmmm

Last edited:
Looking at that video, it seems to be a standard SATA drive inside (according to the wording on the drive itself), so I'm not sure what Grimeire is worried about in post #5.

Deffo slap it into a pc happy days ;)

Seen a few external drives that are fixed to external only , going to get one my self for my backup games ;)

More space you have the more shit you store pmsl

This shows a guy taking an elements to bits, sounds like he has done a few.

It does say they contain wd blacks, but just in case you get a white this explains what to do.

Last edited:
says not a drive to keep on 24/7 mmmmm
no good for me so and removing from enclosure voids warranty. not much point in buying it new if you are going to remove for internal use.

Back