DVB - PC Cards WatchTVPro Phoenix or Ex

neathdrew

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

I've been reading these threads closely and am on the verge of buying a DVB-C card and going to try to set it up initially with a softcam. I've downloaded copies of most of the things i think i need, yankse fenrir etc but when it comes to the application software most people seem to think the best is WatchTvPro and i've got a few versions of the ex but can't get the phoenix. I was wondering if anyone knows which is the best and what are the advantages of one over the other. I've managed to get a manual in english for the phoenix but no luck (only german) for the ex. From the little German i know i can't see a great deal of difference.

any help appreciated - thanks

Which card are you after? Some software won't work with certain cards so check before taking the plunge
Never tried watchtvpro but mediaportal is a good bet and works with a softcam

There is fair amount of good software out there, which one you go for is as much down to personal preference as anything. I'd definitely try MediaPortal and My Theatre as well. So long as you get a well supported card you should be in business.

There is fair amount of good software out there, which one you go for is as much down to personal preference as anything. I'd definitely try MediaPortal and My Theatre as well. So long as you get a well supported card you should be in business.

i was thinkin' of getting the TwinhanDTV Cab-CI and maybe a cam in the future. got a sammy 2100c so i've got a inf usb programmer and a few spare moscs. thing i'm a bit concerned about is which cam? and i ain't got a lappy so if it ain't got the nagra firmware on it i'm going to have to,i think, use a fun card 5. Never used these b4 but i think my inf. usb should do the job and i've got a few spare rom11 moscs. Not too sure where to get the correct firmware though that can handle nagra, maybe a download section will start here.

been on cardmans site http://www.cardman.com/cams.html and he has a nagra cam along with MRs and others, can't see a jokercam recommended by nozzer dut the blue zetacam seems to be tha latest version of this

This is why i thought i'd stick with a softcam first untill i get my head around these cams.

got a copy of media porta and mce but i thought i'd try watchtvpro first....

thanks a lot for the advice though

atb

Back