Watching AVI on dreambox

The0ne

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys been messing around a while now and reading other posts cant seem to find anything to help me tho, basically i mounted a folder from my PC to the dreambox but it doesnt seem to want to play .avi files i read it only plays mpg and vob so yes i could convert everything but that takes long time and i may aswell just send to the xbox to watch on,

Is there anyway i can watch a .avi video on my dreambox without the need to convert? all help greatly appricated cheers guys

Hey guys been messing around a while now and reading other posts cant seem to find anything to help me tho, basically i mounted a folder from my PC to the dreambox but it doesnt seem to want to play .avi files i read it only plays mpg and vob so yes i could convert everything but that takes long time and i may aswell just send to the xbox to watch on,

Is there anyway i can watch a .avi video on my dreambox without the need to convert? all help greatly appricated cheers guys

They might be xvid files. If thats the case they will have to be converted to mpeg before you can play them

Enigma will not decode avi/xvid/divx.

But neutrino will ;)

If you want to use enigma, you will have to get the vlc plugin and use vlc to encode the movie then stream it to the box. Not very stable and a pain in the ass. But it's another option.

Thanks for the reply guys,

Devilfish dont suppose u could supply more info on that vlc option maybe a link with details? if not i shall have a mess around and hope for the best, thanks again

Is there any way of gettinin an enigma based image to play them file types?
I mean could it be added into an image?

Back