Watchdog

jay

Inactive User
Reaction score
Did anyone catch tonights watchdog warning on internet scaming and stuff?
They go on and on about the dangers of trading over the net, scaring the s**t out of ppl then right at the end they say
"join us next week where we will be looking into the steps to prevent this" or something similar.
I was lmao, i can imagine that the ppl who were terrified by this report switching their pc's off and checking their back accounts.
funny as hell

yes Jay

i was also watching that..salution is to use up-to-date Firewall, and install all the security patches for you operating system.

I thing that annoys me is that people who do not install security patches and bust there pc's. Keep telling them install ur *bleepin* security patches...........

watched an article on sky news today about computers infected with spyware, and how important it is to have anti spyware programmes such as spy doctor or adaware. its enough to scare any 1 off thinking about getting the internet. which is a shame . i think more ppl shud be encouraged not scared away from the net.

hey dogs nuts, tune in next week for the solution;)

unless of course your working:(

If anyone is interested, the best anti spyware i've found is from trend.

you can DL it here
hxxp://www.trendmicro.com.au/antispyware/download_free_trial.htm

what I think is rediculous is that companies like pcworld sell "internet ready" pc's without firewall, crazy if you ask me, and ppl who watched that report might run out and get a firewall and perhaps an anti-virus proggy without removing the other pests first.
e.g. I cleaned my mates pc of 4400 pests last week, he brought it to me cos he couldn't get on the net......well dur

Back