watch ntl in 2 rooms

akshay174

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey people...

i have got my ntl box downstairs in my living room.. i am wandering how can i watch it in my bedrooom without buying another box? so that when i change the channel in my room it wouldnt affect the chanel which has been changed downstairs!

any help would do.. thank you lads!!!

dont think you can mate .had the same problems with sky years ago and seem to remember a box being made in japan that took one feed and doubled it . was about 800 squid .you need 2 decoders . hope someone says what i'm saying is rubbish coz i'd love to do the same as you want to .

carrying on that point..how do i connect a cable feed going upstairs into a bedroom. do you need to connect a seperate cable into your box downstairs and then connect the other end into the box upstairs?? or is it another cable connected from the outside connection into a box in the bedroom??..does that make any sense???

one cable feed into the box then basically split the feed from the coax to the tv's .

its not possible because what need is box with 2 tuner and none ccs box have 2 tuners at mo

the only way you can do it is by having two boxes one in front room feed from wall into a spilter from that into your box, the second freed from the spliter will go to the other box thats it, the only way i know how to do it any way.

its only a matter of time before a twin tuner box is available,once terestrial tv shuts down too many peeps will be complaining that they cant watch 1 prog and record another channel at the same time,not unless you want multi decoders everwhere.:Cheers:

you get an ntl BYP,ican,t remember the code for it but ntl supply them.also you canpurchase a scart cable free.IE scart to box the other in the room with tv insert the other end of scart.(wireless)

Last edited:
Back