watch ntl in 2 rooms

akshay174

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey people...

i have got my ntl box downstairs in my living room.. i am wandering how can i watch it in my bedrooom without buying another box? so that when i change the channel in my room it wouldnt affect the chanel which has been changed downstairs!

any help would do.. thank you lads!!!

teg

Member ++
Reaction score
dont think you can mate .had the same problems with sky years ago and seem to remember a box being made in japan that took one feed and doubled it . was about 800 squid .you need 2 decoders . hope someone says what i'm saying is rubbish coz i'd love to do the same as you want to .

shotter

Inactive User
Reaction score
carrying on that point..how do i connect a cable feed going upstairs into a bedroom. do you need to connect a seperate cable into your box downstairs and then connect the other end into the box upstairs?? or is it another cable connected from the outside connection into a box in the bedroom??..does that make any sense???

teg

Member ++
Reaction score
one cable feed into the box then basically split the feed from the coax to the tv's .

khan

Member ++
Reaction score
its not possible because what need is box with 2 tuner and none ccs box have 2 tuners at mo

leggoman

DW Member +
Reaction score
the only way you can do it is by having two boxes one in front room feed from wall into a spilter from that into your box, the second freed from the spliter will go to the other box thats it, the only way i know how to do it any way.

effone

Inactive User
Reaction score
its only a matter of time before a twin tuner box is available,once terestrial tv shuts down too many peeps will be complaining that they cant watch 1 prog and record another channel at the same time,not unless you want multi decoders everwhere.:Cheers:

cob_ob

Banned
Reaction score
you get an ntl BYP,ican,t remember the code for it but ntl supply them.also you canpurchase a scart cable free.IE scart to box the other in the room with tv insert the other end of scart.(wireless)

Last edited:
TEST