Watch DVD's on my Notebook

nizzex

DW Member ++
Reaction score
My IBM Notebook doesnt have a DVD Drive, so I was wondering is theree any way for me to watch a DVD? My laptop is connected to our home shared network, Is there any software or something that can allow me to watch a DVD from the PC from my laptop?

you'll stll need a dvd drive lol unless you download DVD's. its like saying, i have a vhs player but i want to play dvd's on them.

just like on a CD Rom rive you cant put a peice of software on it and make it into a CD R drive.

You could try sharing the DVD drive of your PC over your network and try it from there. I wouldn't like to guarantee that it'd work though. Even if it does work, play back might be a little jumpy (especially if it's a wireless network).

If it doesn't do the trick, a laptop DVD drive is easy to replace. On a lot of laptops, it's just a case of removing one screw and it'll pull straight out. On others, you have to remove the cover on the back (just unscrew it and it'll clip out) to get at the screw that holds the drive in but that's still easy peasy.

if your not confident about replacing the drive then you can get an external one which you plug in via usb the only drawback is is the loss of space and motabilaty but it keeps your warrantee intact

Back