Washing machines

This has to be some sort of record, surprised I forgot about it.

My parents have a Jackson Topline cooker, purchased about 43 years ago :). I think a few of the element supports have been replaced and one hob will take the main fuse out (yes, fuse).
Can you imagine you work for Indesit design crew and you come up with an idea to build a cooker that lasts ?, you'd be on job seekers the week after

I always do bit of research before I buy anything and definitely don’t buy large cheap electrical goods.
I have owned three washing machines in twenty five years and currently still using the third which has roughly cost me £1700 for all three.
Now my next door neighbour buys cheap washing machine and has had many more than me in the last 25 years.

Can you imagine you work for Indesit design crew and you come up with an idea to build a cooker that lasts ?, you'd be on job seekers the week after

I do design electronics goods, but not for public use :).

I did attempt a motor rewind in parent's washing machine but bungled it. It was a 17-pole lapwound rotor and I missed a space off. It was only £7 to get a refurbished one from the local repair company when trading the old one in. The windings had come out of the rotor and locked it into the stator, blew the controller board up, which I repaired.

I bet they are not so fixable now...

Still got my Miele 10 years + and so far so good and maybe twice a week use and now no crap dirty greasy clothes to wash and only had 2 bottles of vinegar usage.

I'm guessing you use vinegar to clean the washer out?.....never heard of that before..
Also after the vinegar you can put baking soda in as well to give it a thorough clean.

Local lad in the store mentioned it to me as garage dirt needed an extra bit of cleaning and to use the boil wash with vinegar.

Set your washing machine to run on its highest and hottest setting. Add in four cups of white vinegar, and turn it on. Once it's filled up and barely started, however, pause the washing machine and just let the water and vinegar sit for an hour. While you wait, you can tackle the rest of the washing machine's surfaces.16 Feb 2021.

Not sure if you can pause a Miele.

Set the washer to run on its longest cycle with the hottest water. Sprinkle half a cup of baking soda directly into the drum of the washing machine and run it on the same settings (highest and hottest). Spritz your vinegar onto a microfiber cloth and clean the outside and inside of the door until it shines.16 Feb 2021

Back