Washing machines

ukbob

VIP Old Codger
VIP Member
Reaction score
In short 3 year old washer stopped spinning...

Got a quote of £250 parts and labour to fit new bushes...

Dunno who i'm ranting at here the washer or the repairman.

Apparantly the new one is an inverter motor no bushes in it.

Isn't anything built to last these days?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear matey but I would’ve thought the bushes should last longer than three years. The last two washers I have owned the first one a lasted 15 years and all I had to replace was the bearings on it, which I did myself and the second one lasted 13 years and gave up the ghost but the bushes didn’t go on either of them.

Maybe its the brand matey?
I always buy the basic indesits as i find them easy to use...
15 years will do me...

Buy the brushes from eBay and fit them yourself mate it’s not to bad a job on most machines

Were were you yesterday hehe

Had to pay for new washer plus £50 to take old one away AO.com

Well if anyone has the same problem here is a video how to clear the pump

Stick your fingers in and check !!!

Sick of telling my sister , son and daughter to check their pockets and washing

Had bra wires , rubber bands to just name a few

If your washer is really old you will not have the front plug to check you will have to tilt the washer up and get some pliers to remove the clips from the inlet and outlet pipes and check it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well if anyone has the same problem here is a video how to clear the pump

Stick your fingers in and check !!!

Sick of telling my sister , son and daughter to check their pockets and washing

Had bra wires , rubber bands to just name a few

If your washer is really old you will not have the front plug to check you will have to tilt the washer up and get some pliers to remove the clips from the inlet and outlet pipes and check it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Nice one @spud1966

Were were you yesterday hehe

Had to pay for new washer plus £50 to take old one away AO.com
I've used AO for a new washer and a new fridge freezer. Both times I refused the removal of the old equipment. Both times they rang me before delivering the new item to try and sell me cover, which I also refused, and then they offered to take my old item for free.

I accepted the free offer to remove the old fridge but declined for the washer as it was still working. I put that out the front of my house for anyone that needed one and it was gone in 20 minutes 😂

There not built to last, had 3 in 10 years the only one that ever lasted we had to give away simply because it wasn't big enough. 3 pair of the wife's draws init and it was full, mind you, these days you could para-glide with um

I replaced our hotpoint last year with a Samsung eco bubble washer which has inverter motor guaranteed for 10 years..the old hotpoint sitting in the garden , think ill put it outside ...will probably be gone in 60 secs lol..😄

Probs sold on facemarket the same day for a quick £40 😂
I put a glass computer table out the front a couple of months ago. Three hours later it was on Gumtree for £50. Was listed as being sold about 4 miles away so could have been a different one but would be a massive coincidence :)

I put a glass computer table out the front a couple of months ago. Three hours later it was on Gumtree for £50. Was listed as being sold about 4 miles away so could have been a different one but would be a massive coincidence :)

My ancient CH boiler was outside the front door, up stairs, a good distance from the road and it was about 10 minutes before the case went missing. The heating engineer couldn't believe it.

Dear do those Miele, I honestly think all appliances are made not to last. If they are made to last its reflected in the price

My last washer was a Bosch and it lasted 13 years and couldn’t be bothered to get it repaired. I just bought another Bosch as I think I got my money’s worth with the previous one tbh.

This has to be some sort of record, surprised I forgot about it.

My parents have a Jackson Topline cooker, purchased about 43 years ago :). I think a few of the element supports have been replaced and one hob will take the main fuse out (yes, fuse).

Back