Wasabi v2- d2c2 compatable

slyboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
if i got one of these are these compatable with every board without the need to solder extra points like the D2Pro v2 and are they updatable via dvd and not jtag

thanks

Yes they are DVD Updateable and compatible with bot D2C and D2C2 boards.

They update by DVD but one thing you must remember is DVD can only patch existing code, JTAG can fully rewrite it.

cheers mate which do you recommend Wasabi v2 or D2C pro v2 and if the board turns out to be a early version do i need to solder extra points on the Pro?

9 Wire is all thats needed for either.

Im currently fitting D2Pro v2 myself.

Wasabi appear to be that little more stable but Ive never had an issue with ejecting myself and D2Pro are slightly cheaper.

There is also now this fix for d2pro's on drives that have eject issues. It's not mine, its from littlejohnny on another forum.
d2profix.jpg

wow thanks 9 wires needed for d2c boards and 5 if its earlier right? been looking at pre soldered ones but this warning puts me off can someone explain please IF YOUR WII DRIVE IS A D2B CHIPSET YOU MUST INFORM US WHEN PURCHASING SO WE CAN CORRECTLY CONFIGURE THE SOLDER POINTS FOR YOU

what is different?

They wont solder the additional pads for D2C support.

D2B is an easy install on D2Pro or YASOM, only cut legs should it really be use to avoid dremelling away at the chip.

YAOSM is about £3.50 to buy and £1 to make.

Right looks like im getting a pro then and testing it out on my nephews wii lol unless you can do me one made up already oggy and what price cheers

I can sell you a D2Pro, no clips for it though.

looks like the little johnny d2pro fix is still a work in progress

i`d wait another few days before i start putting more voltage through the d2pro. s, just to see how things pan out.

i`ve attached rev 2 pic where he is using 1.6 volts

regards
jase

Back