Wasabi update news

jase

Inactive User
Reaction score
just read this on another site

No revolution here, but while other teams were busy trying to duplicate our 9 wire solution, we spent countless hours testing and improving the electrical design of our chip. This is to avoid the need of installation tweaks with rare "noisy" drives... and we're very proud of the result! We can safely say that we have created the most robust 9 wires chip on the market. Of course this new revision is 100% upgrade, pinout and feature compatible with the previous one.

The only other bonus is that it is fully compatible with the new D2C2 drive chipset (a.k.a. "Unmoddable D2C", md5sum a60cd3d6a4949db26add1580ba1be526) that is common in Korea and started to appear in other countries in May 2008. That means that even if you bought your Wii in May 2008 or later on, you know for sure that our chip will be compatible with it. And we even added some D2C/D2C2 auto-detection mechanism to make installer's life easier.

Soon to be released, stay tuned!

i`ll wait and see...... but at least things are moving along with the d2c2 chipsets

regards
jase

nice work jase for posting this.

i havent purchased a modchip yet!.. been waiting for a USB modchip that one can just plug in like the ones on the ps2. but this chip tempting me as you can flash it using a cd.

features look great on it.

Back