was given another telly today :)

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
following my last thread where i was given a faulty 17" LCD by a customer and managed to fix it ive today been given a 50" pioneer plasma, i think the problem is a dry capacitor in the power supply as when first powered up it has a herring bone patters through the picture for about an hour which does clear, but ill get it going

i think itd look good in place of the 37" LCD above it, what you think :)

it was a 3 day course in swansea college that i managed to get on as id been there doing a few NVQs as well as a C&G to get my RDI status for digital switchover, am still in college but now doing the next level of NVQ in distribution system design

I think your a jammy b*****d! ;)

If somebody just gave me a faulty 50" plasma and I got it going I'd be over the moon. Hope you get it going

P.S I'll have the 37" LCD if you do ;)

Hi, for severe moire effect that changes thermally replace C1219, 100uf 16 volt Surface mount device, It`s located in front of the tuner and near IC1103 in the function box, If that cures it do I get the Lcd, Lol ;)

here we go, download these 2 rar files into same folder, and extract for pdf file.

following my last thread where i was given a faulty 17" LCD by a customer and managed to fix it ive today been given a 50" pioneer plasma, i think the problem is a dry capacitor in the power supply as when first powered up it has a herring bone patters through the picture for about an hour which does clear, but ill get it going

ill give you 5p for it and ill chuck in a piece of toast if u like ;)

My eye is drawn to the 2 lengths of MMT2 stuck on the wall, but thats electricians for you lol

Curly

lol thats the first thing that caught my eye, like you say its a sparky thing.

lol, did you see the length going across the skirting board as well ;) the cables hidden in them would make your eyes water, mains, RF, HDMI, scart, audio, PC monitor, surround, cat5 and CCTV, the Wii sensor is about 6" too short so its just hanging there for now, i havent chased them into the wall as its a rented house

cheers for all the manuals, ill download them now :)

PS skybabe, does the toast have jam or lemon curd on it?

i think you should use both, put the lcd under the plasma.
a bit like picture in picture........only bigger lol

Back