wanting to get into satellite tv

ajwoodsie

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all, having been into the cable scene for quite a while, I have decided to try my hand at the satellite side of things. With £350 to spend I am looking at advice on which satallite system to choose. I have seen a number of complete technomate packages for sale on fleabay. With this in mind I'm looking for the advice of you good people as to what you would recommend.

Looking forward to all your input. Thanks in advance.

if i was you mate would go for a technomate 5400 and 1.1 m motorised dish or else technomate 6900 hd which i have but tu be honest there is not enough hd stuff for the price of the box so i would go for the 5400 and if you have that much to spend id buy the new diablo cam but my opinion is def go for the technomate best quality box i have seen yet

I suggest what ever box you go for make sure it has a ethernet port. I just pruchased a Eagle Linux box for £80 del from fleabay 2 month ago and its a very good little box

i got a 80cm with mine as i live on an apartment block and didnt want a huge dish as someone would complain

with an ethernet port you have the ability to card share over the internet / LAN using cccam. Its simple to setup and you dont require a card in your box or any box if you share with someone who has several cards / shares

i can unlock most channels from 28.2e - 1w without the need of any card in my box. without card sharing the number of channels isnt very high at all though and alot of the foreign film channels carry english audio too

hi all, having been into the cable scene for quite a while, I have decided to try my hand at the satellite side of things. With £350 to spend I am looking at advice on which satallite system to choose. I have seen a number of complete technomate packages for sale on fleabay. With this in mind I'm looking for the advice of you good people as to what you would recommend.

keep your £350 m8! cause a fill of petrol will cost that if mr brown gets his way..

As far as I know,this is around the best money can buy at the moment,seems a decent price.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Technomate-TM...ryZ96970QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Ive been reading the advice, many thanks by the way, and have taken it all in. Also been doing a lot of reading up on these forums as well as other sites. Now my problem is do i go for a reciver Linux based with its software emulation or emulation via a cam? Also with the advent of the BBC/ITC colusion towards HD free transmission go and buy a HD reciever and see what happens........Or i cud say sod it and stay with the old DBox and save my money for a tank of petrol!!! LOL

I would personally go the route telewestTUM has suggested. You have been through the cableTV game, and I take it you have got bored now as there is not much to do other reprogram you card when then make a change?

There is that much tv on the satellites these days with any reciever you get. So you will have to decide if you wanna do a bit more than watch tv like card sharing etc.

I must have access to alot of packages but to be honest most of the time is spent trying out differnent things reading up about differnet emus and trying them out.

btw i have a dreambox 7020

Si

ye m8 since premier is closing telewest option is the best go for linux more optional

Back