Wanted - Yellow Naped Amazon Parrot

KhuramG

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I want a yellow-naped amazon parrot - a young baby is preferred but an older bird will also be considered, male or female. Does anyone breed them here or do you anybody else who could help? Any help would be very much appreciated – thanks very much!

Not trying to be nosey but is there a specific reason for a Yellow Naped Amazon ?
It's just that Blue Fronted Amazons tend to be a bit easier to acquire and are fantastic birds to have although they do tend to be very much a one person bird. They are also usually very good talkers, but like all parrots they are not easy maintenance and require a lot of attention, amusement and company or they will become raucous, could turn to biting or even start to pluck themselves.
It should also be remembered that parrots have very sharp beaks and if are allowed allowed out of their cage they will chew things so expect to have some damage to some household items or doors even if you supply them with things to chew ! and of course it should be a consideration that many parrots live well into their 70's and 80's so they should be a long term commitment.............it will be an emotional situation for both you and the bird if you have to rehome them.

Hi Mate, you’re not being nosy at all. I’ve already got a blue fronted amazon and he is an absolutely fantastic bird and the whole family loves him to bits - of course every bird is different but yellow-naped and double yellow headed amazons are generally considered to be the most intelligent and best talkers amongst amazons.

I’ve been wanting a yellow-naped for a while now and the fact they are not that easy to acquire makes them a bit more appealing. He will be joining my blue-fronted amazon when I can get one for the right price.

Thanks for some excellent advice - as you rightly highlight large parrots do tend to be a one person bird but generally Amazons are bit more generous in this department compare to African Greys.

Now I can fully understand where you are coming from, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if you had even considered a Macaw !!
Well good luck with your search, I hope you are successful.

lol - yes I have considered a Macow and I want one but my wife will probably kill me if I get another pet :p

Back