wanted emachine 3240 recovery disks

Nightcrawler1

Inactive User
Reaction score
as anyone got a original or a copy of a emachine recovery disks as i am trying to reload a pc for a friend only she cant find them and the sound drive is so stupid it wont work ..i know i could put a sound card in but i want to use the originals disks or copys of the original any help ?

You will not be able to put disks from a different emachine into the one your friend has.

The only way is to try and get them of the venda eg the shop he had the pc from.

The way i would do it is to just format the pc and put windows back in with all the software he would use back on it.

The way i no is i had a Packard bellend pc and had to send for the disks of them some years ago and thay did say that a pack bellend disk for one the same pc will not work in mine as it's to do with how there set up on the hard drive when made.

In the end i got rid of all there crap what come with the pc by way of a good formating then i just put back on all my software and not there crap.

Just format it and put windows back on mate for him.

Have Fun.

Dont think it will work mate as i siad its set up on the hard drive of the pc for one recovery disk only that come with that pc.

Look at it this way mate if you could do what you say and put a disk in of some other pc thats thats same make then if you had a nicked pc you could then just use your recovery disk to put it back to factory settings, CAN NOT BE DUNE one disk one pc.

The easyest way is as i siad mate just format the hard drive and put windows back on with all the software your mate would need to have on it.

This way he wouldent need a recovery disk only a copy of windows.

? What windows OS is on the pc now.

You can not put a recovery disk for what you think is the same pc in his it will not work and you may have to go into doss and change a lot of setting in there to get the disk to work, the only way to do that is by way of phoning custermer serveces for the emachine and thay will tell you how to do it at 1 pound a minet or what ever it is NOT GOOD.

Last edited:
Back