Want to add PTZ camera to my DVR

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys just looking to see if it's worth doing.

I want to add PTZ dome camera above my front door. I have dahua dvr connected to a fixed dome but it was wired too high and only really get a very bird's eye view of the area in front of door.

I have used cat6 cable for the cctv using baluns so will have have a spare pair available for PTZ controls any suggestions on a decent camera with mount and audio?

The plan is to use the camera I take off at back of house to cover garden.

Only using 4 of 8 channels at the moment.

Any suggestions would be great [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

now i understand why nobody replies this question.
i know a lot of CCTV and RS485 but i realy dont understand the question.

So please explain the problem.

Hello, this is my first post on this forum .......PTZ = Pan Tilt Zoom, I suspect..... I'm after something far less sophisticated via USB protocol such as a webcam set up on a Linux OP.
regards

if its poe for the camera, don't you just need power for the tilt and move side of it?

May 2018 lol, common Ackbar - your just reviving old posts now???

Mick

No..well actually yes, but not really as its a little project I'm setting up for a Am.dram. theatre company. Some simple method to monitor the acting while hidden in another room.
Should I post this elsewhere on the forum ?
regards

No it’s fine, thanks for sharing

Mick

Regards to ptz camera the best one u could go for is one is pelco ptz get them on ebay fot 50-150 sometimes your lucky and get a deal
Ive used a good few of them without any problems
They use the protocol pelco p or d
Most of the bog standard dvrs have thar protocol in it and your two free wires contol it
I can control the shops one from spain and nitevision aswell
As for audio u need to put signs up and get a standard one off ebay for 12pounds

Regards to ptz camera the best one u could go for is one is pelco ptz get them on ebay fot 50-150 sometimes your lucky and get a deal
Most of the bog standard dvrs have thar protocol in it and your two free wires contol it
As for audio u need to put signs up and get a standard one off ebay for 12pounds
Pelco stuff seems very expensive I found this

Full HD 1080P CCTV IP Camera 18X Optical Zoom Security PTZ Speed Dome Waterproof 657419671392 | eBay

Which looks good but I need to check if its going to work with my Dahua DVR

nice camera but its ip wireless use ur mobile phone think u need a nvr for it but not to sure

nice camera but its ip wireless use ur mobile phone think u need a nvr for it but not to sure
I need a dvr compatible camera will search again.

Pelco stuff seems very expensive I found this

Full HD 1080P CCTV IP Camera 18X Optical Zoom Security PTZ Speed Dome Waterproof 657419671392 | eBay

Which looks good but I need to check if its going to work with my Dahua DVR

It does say :
Integrated ONVIF standard, Compatible with brand NVR such as Hikvision, Dahua and so on

Doesn't look too be POE though. Dunno if that would be an issue for you.

Back