VW Tool

Its a clone of VCDS was around a few years ago now.

Fitted a new ABS pump today to a Mk5 golf obviously the pedal still on the soft side as even with pressure bleeding it can not bleed the pump correctly as it need activating with software such as VCDS to do it.

Dont have a genuine cable and vcds shareware does not have the option VCDS Lite does if you fork out the $99 for it but im told the VW Tool clone vcds does work with a 3rd party cable and has the option.

Have a feeling the VW Tool is no longer supported

Mick posted an older version here [DOWNLOAD] VW Tool Latest Version but that version wont work for me.

Here is me thinking he was looking for matches:eek:;)

Its a clone of VCDS was around a few years ago now.

Fitted a new ABS pump today to a Mk5 golf obviously the pedal still on the soft side as even with pressure bleeding it can not bleed the pump correctly as it need activating with software such as VCDS to do it.

Dont have a genuine cable and vcds shareware does not have the option VCDS Lite does if you fork out the $99 for it but im told the VW Tool clone vcds does work with a 3rd party cable and has the option.

Have a feeling the VW Tool is no longer supported

Mick posted an older version here [DOWNLOAD] VW Tool Latest Version but that version wont work for me.

You cant update it. I have a clone vcds with the atmega chip. It updated and got it bricked. I had to find firmware for the atmega chip to use it again.

DON'T UPDATE IT! you'll have to buy a later cloned lead. I have the hex v2 version. Works at treat.

You cant update it. I have a clone vcds with the atmega chip. It updated and got it bricked. I had to find firmware for the atmega chip to use it again.

DON'T UPDATE IT! you'll have to buy a later cloned lead. I have the hex v2 version. Works at treat.

Read the date of the thread mate we have all moved on since November

Somebody new might see it and it might help them.

We dont delete threads.

We expect members to use common sense and read the thread maybe then you'd realize the post is dead.

I just like to help people. I'll bear your advice in mind

Yes you right the think is that with this cheap clone cables you purchuase a specific cable with specific vcds software version. Any newer version with same cable form my experience doesn't work

With a clone cable you should not connect to internet while using it. It will likely be bricked.
Regarding updates, -If it aint broke, dont fix it!

Back