VU Uno Sat & Cable Tuner

BeoVision

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys

New to the cable scene so apologies if my questions are basic, i currently have a VU Uno connected using a sat tuner and would like the option to use the box to also receive cable.

Is this USB tuner what i need to be able to receive cable and has anybody used the device to receive both sat & cable??

Last edited by a moderator:
The Uno only has one tuner slot. You will have to use a USB tuner. Vu do one, there is Sundtek as well as others.

Great Advice from Abu and one of his earlier posts actually recommends the Sundtek over the Vu type due to more compatible driver in different images

Hi mate

I can only store a few messages as there is a limitation on my account. Will be home later tonight and will give it another try. Deleting a message now

The Uno only has one tuner slot. You will have to use a USB tuner. Vu do one, there is Sundtek as well as others.
See on ABM there is no Essex but the net ID 41050 matches seven kings is that the correct set up for that area

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hi mate

I can only store a few messages as there is a limitation on my account. Will be home later tonight and will give it another try. Deleting a message now
Also clear your sent items

Just doing some research on your area you must be Basildon 1,2,3 or 4 try them one at a time on ABM and that should be you sorted with a channel list, you will need to be exact for your area or use the Auto Bouquets I posted here

The Net ID number is the important thing, not the name. Geographical location is a hint, but not always correct. It depends where the headend is. Best to check official receiver for the NetID number.

For example, probably worst one. People in Acton, Hanwell, Harrow, Kenton, Kingsbury, Lewisham, Plumpstead, Westminster and Waterloo all have the same NetID of 41069

Last edited:
Iv noticed that while researching i usually see my area and net ID but for areas not stated I can see the confusion of your looking for your city or area

Iv noticed that while researching i usually see my area and net ID but for areas not stated I can see the confusion of your looking for your city or area

Look for your number, not area. Problem solved!

:thumbsup:

Re: VU Uno Sat & Cable Tuner

Hi guys, was working today so have not had a chance to test further. Will give it a try tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Thanks again for the help!

- - - Updated - - -

Just doing some research on your area you must be Basildon 1,2,3 or 4 try them one at a time on ABM and that should be you sorted with a channel list, you will need to be exact for your area or use the Auto Bouquets I posted here

Will try this tomorow mate and let you know

Evening Guys, I tried Basildon 1 this evening however I'm getting the message (sid not found in Pat) I'm going to try the other net ids for Basildon however is there a way I can find my ID for certain as I'm miles away from Basildon. Even thou my county is Essex we are very close to Hertfordshire. Also I added virgin media bouquets via abm however I also have a channel list for sats. When I first added virgin I could select all channels from my sat channel list and the VMware bouquets created by abm, this evebning all the channels on my sat channel list are showing N/A.

Any ideas?

The only way you could know for sure would be if either you or a neighbour has a subbed box, or you have access to an old virmin receiver.

I have VM broadband if that helps??

Evening Guys, I tried Basildon 1 this evening however I'm getting the message (sid not found in Pat) I'm going to try the other net ids for Basildon however is there a way I can find my ID for certain as I'm miles away from Basildon. Even thou my county is Essex we are very close to Hertfordshire. Also I added virgin media bouquets via abm however I also have a channel list for sats. When I first added virgin I could select all channels from my sat channel list and the VMware bouquets created by abm, this evebning all the channels on my sat channel list are showing N/A.

Any ideas?

Only way to find the actual ID is with a genuine VM box set up in your area, the ID list for Essex is 41050 or 40978
What do you use for sat list? in ABM configure there's an option for keep all non ABM bouquets, also in the plugin I uploaded if you run it in pure area it will give you the net ID for you but I don't know how you get both lists for cable and sat using the Auto Bouquets plugin

I'm using Catseye channel settings, will try the other net ids and let you know.

I'm not sure how that works I use rats bouquet and ABM I only use 28.2 sat tho but ABM will keep all outher lists if configured correctly
df3f4f4835115a8450fe324efcf1794d.jpg
that's my config on ABM

Back