VU+ Solo2 Network activity

Kennep

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi. New member and fairly new to this stuff, but looking for some info on the Solo2.
I have a new unit installed - about 4 weeks now. works really well. Running OpenViX with the blueHD and mgcamd.1.35a

I had had it originally connected via a pair of Technomate home plugs connected to a TP link asdl router. After a couple of days I noticed the Ethernet LEDs on the home plugs and on the router were blinking really rapidly and I had almost no wifi from the router.
I Thought the plugs were dodgy and changed them for TP versions. At first they looked great but after a while they went the same way. If I switch off the home plug the wifi comes back immediately.

I then noticed that the orange Ethernet led on the back of the solo2 was blinking like mad too.
If I switch off the solo2 unit, wifi is perfect. Switch it back on - it is ok for a while - but often the wifi is gone the next morning.

I suspect some of it might be related to the epg download as it was timed to download at 04.00 - but it's not consistent and I would welcome any advice. My missus today noticed that when she switched off the unit (as she had almost no wifi) the page on her iPad reloaded - which was a bit disconcerting.

Any help on what it might be, what to check or settings to change would be appreciated.
Thanks.

It's possible it's due to a setting within mg_cfg file. The {L} setting is normally culprit.

I use this mg_cfg file on my solo2 using vix with no problems.

Keep your old mg_cfg file just in case though.

Extract from the winrar the "mg_cfg" file to "/var/keys"

Attachments

• mg_cfg.rar
    1.6 KB · Views: 2
Deffo the mg_cam config file, it use to shut my internet down completely until i changed the {L} setting.
Its something to do with mg_cam sending logs to an unknown address which floods the network.

ddos oneself very common issue.
mgcamd 1.38 is the chosen cam for multituner boxes .

Thanks ketmp - downloaded and installed this evening - will let you know how it goes

- - - Updated - - -

thanks cactikid - will run the new cfg file for a couple of days before I update the mgcamd so I'm not changing 2 things at once

Back