Vu+ SOLO2 - How To Tell Difference Between Original & Clone

Hi, I just opened my vu+ solo2 and noticed a thing about the size of a sim card it says lonrisun on it, does that mean its a clone

Yes eileen. You'll know it's a clone by the price you paid too, in fairness.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks Darry for your reply. the box was bought for me just after Christmas from a close friend, he assured me it wasnt a clone, Im really concerned that he was ripped off as he paid around £300 for it. It was only when I downloaded the new helios update and I got the hw error that I started to investigate it, I opened the box to check for a chip and the only thing I saw was the lonrisun thing. Inreally need to be sure that its a clone before I do anything about it, I would feel terrible If I made an issue out of this and it turned outvto be genuine. I also checked the cardboard box it was in and it seems to match the online help in detecting a clone.

I got my clone today and just by looking at it and my original solo2 I can't tell the difference (the front glossy plastic seems a bit cheap thats all)
it has the fan and the magnetic door on the front but you can feel the lack of quality on the remote straight away
so Im testing now before I give it to my parents - I can compare the latest badge with the original if you want (just don't know whet else to check)

Hi, I think if you want to know for sure its best to take the lid off the box and look for the small chip, saves any embarrassment. At first I was afraid to screw the lid off but it was quite easy, just remove the 5 screws and slide it partly off. You can also see it being done on youtube. Youre betting finding out now rather than later when you try to update it. All the best and Good Luck, I hope youre proved wrong.

my solo2 shows up on my router device list as vusolo2. Is this the same with clones?

my solo2 shows up on my router device list as vusolo2. Is this the same with clones?
Yes, my sunray uses that. Newer clones now can accept original images so this can't be used to detect clones neither.

I noticed your post in another thread. £200 inc HDD for genuine solo2. Is this new? It does seem a too good to be true to be honest.

Is there any way to tell if I have a sunray clone or a different make?

I got it from Aliexpress if that helps, i can upload image of the advert if required, need to know so I can flash an image

Thanks

Is there any way to tell if I have a sunray clone or a different make?

I got it from Aliexpress if that helps, i can upload image of the advert if required, need to know so I can flash an image

Thanks
Sunray's normally have mini usb on back and a hologram sticker on back and a sticker on top referring to dreamoem.com website.

Sunray's normally have mini usb on back and a hologram sticker on back and a sticker on top referring to dreamoem.com website.

Dont have any of that on my box. I cant use the Sunray clone images can I?

Dont have any of that on my box. I cant use the Sunray clone images can I?
Not likely. Is it Solo2 SE or Solo2?

Does it say visit vu-hd website instead?

If not, you're going to have to open it up and post pics

Not likely. Is it Solo2 SE or Solo2?

Does it say visit vu-hd website instead?

If not, you're going to have to open it up and post pics

Yes mate it said vu-hd on it, any idea what image i need?

Yes mate it said vu-hd on it, any idea what image i need?
It will be a Lonrison then. It should already (I would have thought) have the v4 flash. Have you only just bought it? Does it have Blackhole 2.3.0 on it?

If you know it has definitely the v4 flash then you can visit download section for VU clones and ensure it states its okay for Lonrison v4 flash boxes. I have uploaded some images here. Remember, it has to be v4 flashed otherwise it will likely brick your box.

It will be a Lonrison then. It should already (I would have thought) have the v4 flash. Have you only just bought it? Does it have Blackhole 2.3.0 on it?

If you know it has definitely the v4 flash then you can visit download section for VU clones and ensure it states its okay for Lonrison v4 flash boxes. I have uploaded some images here. Remember, it has to be v4 flashed otherwise it will likely brick your box.

Thanks for the reply, this is the image i have on the box at the moment which flashed without issue;

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/dow...nload-vu-solo-2-a.html?highlight=#post2468736

Thanks for the reply, this is the image i have on the box at the moment which flashed without issue;

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/dow...nload-vu-solo-2-a.html?highlight=#post2468736
That is a v2 flashed safe image and v2 is really old. V4 flash is current one and can accept newer images than v2.

It's difficult to know whether you have v4 flashed chip as there is no easy way to tell.

I've just found this thread which looks like that may help towards flashing to v4. If not, ask on that thread.

Your box may already be v4 (and if you have only just bought it then it's likely) but can't be sure.

Once you know it's a v4 (or after you flash it to v4) then you can use clone safe images designed for Lonrison v4 flashed like I linked to in a previous post.

vu SOLO2 my clone has the red light .. I knew it was clone when entering a firm of openspa ... from there not been recovered eh eh .. I tried several methods to recover but failed eh .. if someone think your receiver clone is better not to enter an original firm

Hi,
i have a problem with my solo2 too. it is not open. Write screen "starting". My Solo2 is geniue

I have a porblem with my solo2 original i cant see hd chanell only sd

Back