VU+ Solo vu+solo help

mrbodhan

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All
Just installed official vix image install auto bouquet etc but having problem on epg not showing i have scanned to my area connected hard drive and set time at 4am daily but no epg at all
can somone point me in right direction please
also is there a back up image for above box i can install many thanks

Hi All
Just installed official vix image install auto bouquet etc but having problem on epg not showing i have scanned to my area connected hard drive and set time at 4am daily but no epg at all
can somone point me in right direction please
also is there a back up image for above box i can install many thanks

Best to use Open TV for the epg if your not already.

Did you setup the location to store the epg dat at ?

sorry i dont understand what you mean by gathering/getting/downloading EPG data? all i done
set up my area Granada etc 4am and sorry what is open tv do you mean to download another image

sorry i dont understand what you mean by gathering/getting/downloading EPG data? all i done
set up my area Granada etc 4am and sorry what is open tv do you mean to download another image

Nicked from elsewher to save me typing it out. Make sure you have a mounted usb or hdd

Press Menu, then
Setup - System - EPG - Settings

where it says "EPG location" - change this so it is not internal flash - should be a USB flash or HDD, or network drive.

Other options I change here is I set automatic refresh and Automatic save to yes and leave both at 24 hours. It seemed to help the issues I was having with EPG missing after a reboot. Leave them at first and see how yours get on. Leave the rest untouched, and press the green button to save.

Then you are still on the EPG selection, scroll down to "CrossEPG" - select "configure" - Download on tune leave as no, Scheduled download as once a day - at a time you prefer - 4am default is ok if you have no recordings etc at this time. Green to save.

While still on CrossEPG screen, scroll to "OpenTV providers" - and select "sly UK OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2) - which is the third one down, - pressing ok on remote ensures there is a green tick next to this one, and press green to save. Then while still on the CrossEPG config screen, scroll down to "Download now" - and press ok, and wait until it is all complete. If it is downloading correctly you should see the splash screen, hear some quiet music and see a progress bar with lots of activity at the bottom. It returns to the previous channel you were watching and completes the process, so leave things until the bar disappears.

Chanenl lists/favourites/genres and EPG are two different things.

So far, you have only described whta you are doing to make your channel lists. Follow the advice from Ferret so that you obtain the EPG/Synopsis data. If there is no EPG data, nothing will be displayed.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
The Solo does not have much RAM, best to add a swap file. The is "swap manager" application in the Vix sub menu

Hi
Thanks to both Ferret and Abu Beniaz will try this when get home now
And what does swap file do yes I have seen this in menu but what is the advantage many thanks

It is virtual memory. It helps when doing memory intensive tasks like those involved with openTV epg data.

Sorry one thing I forgot to mension on my Zgemma when I go to Epg and cross Epg I can selecte download and it downloads but on vu+solo nothing happens
OK once you select cross Epg do you have to press OK and then look for open TV? Sorry I am new still learning
Thanks

Sorry one thing I forgot to mension on my Zgemma when I go to Epg and cross Epg I can selecte download and it downloads but on vu+solo nothing happens
OK once you select cross Epg do you have to press OK and then look for open TV? Sorry I am new still learning
Thanks

Read the guide i pasted above its all there. OpenTV obviously needs a sat feed from your dish to work.

Hi
Thanks for all your help i have followed Ferret instruction till goes to end it gets stuck on bar saying reading summaries read 688 kb then i have to reboot box but no epg what next please

Did you create the swap file as advised if not create it and try again.

If that does not work lets try a rytec source before we go any further.

Go back in to the config and deselect openTV. Well your there update the rytec sources then select the 28e one and save then go to download now and see if that works.

Hi
[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]Gone back in to the config and deselect openTV. as Well updated the rytec sources then select the 28e one and save but this did not work still gets stuck on summaries 13.35 mb
and does not move i got to switch off and on to get it work thanks
any other setting i have to check ?
[/FONT]

Thanks for you help still having problem i have in setting said swap file but how do i configure this and how to use many thanks

Back