VU+ Solo Expected Realease Date 21st June

bassethound

Inactive User
Reaction score
VU+ Solo Expected Realease Date 21st June is any one going to be getting one or do you think they cost to much at £299?

Looking a better bet than the disappointing TM800

Last edited:
VU+ Solo Expected Realease Date 21st June is any one going to be getting one or do you think they cost to much at £299?

Looking a better bet than the disappointing TM800:STIG:
a bit harsh seeing as you havent tried the vu+ solo

Sorry im not meaning to be harsh to the TM800 but mine died after 4 days so perhaps my opinion is not the best.

bassethound you aren't the only one to have returned the tm800, it seems common while they are still underdeveloped. The good thing to see will be if the VU+ solo is underdeveloped or stable on release? It has good support so it should be fine from new.
The VU+ solo aims to undercut the superb dm500hd (or the dm800 too) but offer the same quality level of hardware & support. Its not aiming to undercut the tm800 or work on that same level of marketplace, so I firmly believe it is a step upwards. Technomate aim the tm800 to be in the mid-range market place alongside the lower budget clone receivers.
The receiver market now has these main levels developed to suit everyone. You have to choose where you want to be, budget level, middle-road-crossover-experimental, quality range. :)

Sorry im not meaning to be harsh to the TM800 but mine died after 4 days so perhaps my opinion is not the best.

but in fairness you returned the TM800 without giving TM a chance to give you a tested replacement ... ;)

My Solo is already on order and cant wait to put it through its paces :)

Before anyone says anything, yes I've used a TM800, yes tried a 2 or 3 of their supposedly opensoure ported PLi images that weren't even meant for the TM800. PLi dont even complile images for the TM800 lol! I did take loads of photos and did set out to give it a unbiased review, but unfortunately with the software being so crap/buggy I decided against posting a review (this was going to be on another forums btw) as it would have been totally unfair and 100% negative. The whole TM800 fiasco has been a complete bodge imo.

Anyway, back to the Solo, I'm willing to bet my rep that it will be fantastic from day of release. VU are fantastic with support, updates etc....

Watch this space for a review of the Solo :)

Back