Other Vu+solo 4k

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Just had my first look at the new vu+solo 4K.
Looks real nice and has a new arm 1500mhz processor and a nice hard drive dock and a mini tv display.
looks like they have taken a few components from existing sat boxes like display and dock..
full info here

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I have seen it for pre order for delivery around the 25th October for 499 euros (£375ish)from Germany.

Dont think ill be rushing out just yet to buy this one.

The arm CPU was a big surprise to me maybe its the best for 4K.

Extremely over priced for what it is maybe worth a punt when it drops to under £200, with everything happening in C/S these days 'Pairing' this could be a very expensive 4K Freesat receiver in no time

very very tempted to buy one of these I have been waiting ages for the new generation of receivers to arrive. Can any one tell me what the arm cpu brings to the box and what draws backs it will have. Will kodi work, will the spec maybe allow powerview channels to work. Could it boot into android maybe??

Slightly worried by reading the Specification that the HDMI standard is only 2.0 where as the latest revision which happened around 3 months ago is 2.0A, this wont mean anything for standard HD viewing but has everything to do with the 4K UHD standard.

Samsung already confirmed Updates via firmware for the 2015 4K UHD and SUHD range a couple of months ago.

I missed out tonight ebay where doing a 20% of everything code tonight I could have had one for around £320.00. Bought an xbox one with fifa using the code before the code ran out.:(

very very tempted to buy one of these I have been waiting ages for the new generation of receivers to arrive. Can any one tell me what the arm cpu brings to the box and what draws backs it will have. Will kodi work, will the spec maybe allow powerview channels to work. Could it boot into android maybe??

I think the main issue with the arm cpu is lack of EMU support of course there will be oscam and an odd obscure emu but the majority of emu support has stopped long ago and it stopped with MIPS cpus.

Solo 4K is a very good box, imo the best e² box on the market now.
4K is only a small part of it, you don´t need a 4K TV for it.
The new eMMC Flash is very fast and the ARM CPU produce the best image on TV, that I ever have seen.
The new tuners in combination with unicable ensures very very fast channel change. There is practical absolut no delay on FTA channels.
And the best available softcam runs on it - Oscam which can handle every protocol.

Back