Vu+ SE v1 problem - please help

dino999

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello
I have had the Vu+ SE v1 for around 4 months and have a recurring problem which is very annoying . I have connected to the unit a 500 gb usb hardisk and the usb VU+ turbo tuner .
I use the VU+ SE to watch satellite channels with internal tuner, the Turbo to watch Digital terrestrial tv channels. I am using your latest image openvix 3.2.015 . When I open the unit everything works fine. I can watch any terrestrial channel and any sat channel without any problem , I can switch between them without any issue . Now if I watch a satellite channel for a average amount of time lets say 1 hour and try to switch to a terrestrial channel the unit gets stuck and needs a hard reboot by power switch . This never happens when switching from terrestrial channel to sat channel. I am not a complete novice but for the life of me have no idea how to fix this or how to report it correctly so someone can help me. I have tried to fix it by installing other images and my results are the following :
1. openvix image - everything works but sat tuner to terrestrial tuner switch needs hard reboot as described above
2. open blackhole image - everything works but sat tuner to terrestrial tuner switch needs hard reboot as described above
3. blackhole image - tuner is recognized but can not mount usb hardisk
4. VTI image - tuner is recognized but can not mount usb hardisk

Any help will be appreciated

Hello
I have had the Vu+ SE v1 for around 4 months and have a recurring problem which is very annoying . I have connected to the unit a 500 gb usb hardisk and the usb VU+ turbo tuner .
I use the VU+ SE to watch satellite channels with internal tuner, the Turbo to watch Digital terrestrial tv channels. I am using your latest image openvix 3.2.015 . When I open the unit everything works fine. I can watch any terrestrial channel and any sat channel without any problem , I can switch between them without any issue . Now if I watch a satellite channel for a average amount of time lets say 1 hour and try to switch to a terrestrial channel the unit gets stuck and needs a hard reboot by power switch . This never happens when switching from terrestrial channel to sat channel. I am not a complete novice but for the life of me have no idea how to fix this or how to report it correctly so someone can help me. I have tried to fix it by installing other images and my results are the following :
1. openvix image - everything works but sat tuner to terrestrial tuner switch needs hard reboot as described above
2. open blackhole image - everything works but sat tuner to terrestrial tuner switch needs hard reboot as described above
3. blackhole image - tuner is recognized but can not mount usb hardisk
4. VTI image - tuner is recognized but can not mount usb hardisk

Any help will be appreciated

How warm is the unit getting ?

Is the HDD powered externally i ask because if not with the extra demand been made on the power supply with a HDD and External tuner it may be enough to crash the image.

Thanks for the quick reply Ferret. I have the Hdd powered by the usb port and will try with a external hdd that has its own power to see what happens. I would say also that the unit, the Turbo tuner and the Hdd are not hot but that can be subjective assumption on my part. but lets see if this works.

I would like to add to your comment Ferret that the Unit does not crash as if when your installing something and a screen opens telling you to reboot . But what actually happens and this is the same in all images that can see both the hard disk and the tuner the machine hangs, does not allow you to do anything making the hard boot mandatory.
Thanks

I would like to add to your comment Ferret that the Unit does not crash as if when your installing something and a screen opens telling you to reboot . But what actually happens and this is the same in all images that can see both the hard disk and the tuner the machine hangs, does not allow you to do anything making the hard boot mandatory.
Thanks

Disconnect the HDD and reboot then monitor and see if your problem is still there.

Back