VU+ Duo VU+ Problem - NAS/Dreamplex

leahyt8

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

been scratching my head over this one for a few weeks and have given up.

running latest openvix image on genuine vu+ duo. networked to nas drive - all ok (well sort of)
only a couple of plugins installed. main one being dreamplex.
which was working ok but now crashes the box (spinning logo) every time i try to use it.

tried different settings on dreamplex - ip/ myplex app (previously worked great on ip)
also trued to change the av settings on the actual box to multi instead of 50/60 mhz

reflashed and complete clean install of items done too

also when i watched a film/series through the Network connection without dreamplex this used to work great but now spinning logo quite often?

not sure if its the box/image/nas
dont think its the NAS as i also have a vu+ zero in another room running openvix latest for zero, and this has very little problems at all.

longwinded i know!!

but any suggestions would be great,

cheers in advance

Tam

Duo probably just isn't powerful enough anymore. My duo has around 25mb memory left on it with up to date openvix.

Probably better just using SMB shares and mount your NAS

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Have you tried a Swap File and even Cache flush plugin to free ups some more memory as stated above the original Duos suffered from memory leaks

hi guys thanks for the reply's

i'd have thought the zero would have suffered more than the duo,
whats a smb share?
i'll give the swap file and cache plugin a try also then
thanks

Tam

hi guys thanks for the reply's

i'd have thought the zero would have suffered more than the duo,
whats a smb share?
i'll give the swap file and cache plugin a try also then
thanks

Tam

Vu Duo = BCM7335 Single Core 400mhz CPU 384mb Ram

Vu Zero = BCM7362 Dual Hyperthreading 742mhz CPU with 512mb Ram

You zero is twice the speed of the dilapidated Vu Duo maybe time for the knackers yard

:Laugh::Laugh: thanks Digi, that answers that one well and truly!!
maybe time for the knakers yard indeed!

looks like dreamplex is for the back burner just now! and any unnecessary plugins will be binned in an attempt to keep the NAS, running smoothly for movies.
here was me thinking i could save more to the HDD built in.

eejit

My duo has absolutely everything removed except whatever it needs. The box must be around 6 or 7 years old so got good use out if it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I reserected mine from the red light of death (a new cap). It is still going strong, runs iptvplayer for the latest films, all the common skins so the other half can use it.

apart from one oscam causing a issue of slowing the box down, fixed by installing a stable version. It does everything it needs to.

why do I keep buying boxes then?

Back