vu duo2 cable tuner - connection query

grantsmith82

Inactive User
Reaction score
so the DVB T2/T/C tuner arrived today but looking at the tuner i have a "loop out" which has a male and a "RF in" which is a female connection. where do i plug the virgin media cable into as nether of these connections look correct looks like they are just terrestria tv connections

so the DVB T2/T/C tuner arrived today but looking at the tuner i have a "loop out" which has a male and a "RF in" which is a female connection. where do i plug the virgin media cable into as nether of these connections look correct looks like they are just terrestria tv connections

RF in mate is where your cable goes there are screw on converters available to take it from f connector to female

Surely you would want to convert teh f-plug connector to a belling-lee male connector? This is so that the "adapted" connector can go into the female socket. i.e incoming signal wire must go into "RF input" connection.

hi Abu, yes mate i got the right sex adaptor so all good

i understand that the satettlite xml file will remain in the var/etc/tuxbox folder (for my 28.2 satellite channels) but do i need to also add in a cable.xml file aswell??? if so how can i obtain or generate this??? will it generate when i run autobouquets and scan?

i am also using rats ABM which works well for 28.2. can i use autobouquets for cable in conjunction with this and have 2 sets of bouquets (one for cable and one for satellite?

also with regards to the softcam can i just put my satellite Line and the cable line in the same cccam.cfg/newcamd.list file?

hi Abu, yes mate i got the right sex adaptor so all good

i understand that the satettlite xml file will remain in the var/etc/tuxbox folder (for my 28.2 satellite channels) but do i need to also add in a cable.xml file aswell??? if so how can i obtain or generate this??? will it generate when i run autobouquets and scan?

i am also using rats ABM which works well for 28.2. can i use autobouquets for cable in conjunction with this and have 2 sets of bouquets (one for cable and one for satellite?

also with regards to the softcam can i just put my satellite Line and the cable line in the same cccam.cfg/newcamd.list file?

You dont need a cable.xml just rum amb with the correct area selected. You can configured it not to remove the bouquets rats has made.

and do i put my cable line into the same file my satellite cline is in or do they need to be seperate or run on different cams.

also with my vuduo2 will the box be intellegant enough to know when im watching satellite to use tuner A&B and when watching cable to use TunerC ? or does it need to be configured somewhere?

and do i put my cable line into the same file my satellite cline is in or do they need to be seperate or run on different cams.

also with my vuduo2 will the box be intellegant enough to know when im watching satellite to use tuner A&B and when watching cable to use TunerC ? or does it need to be configured somewhere?

You can yes but some have issues running 2 lines in mgcamd .

Back