VU+ Duo VU+DUO not turning dish to west

ty1012ler

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have had this setup for about 5 years now, last week the dish stopped turning it is a 1.1 mtr with a Technomate 2600 motor, it was the motor that was faulty, it was pretty much jammed. I had a Dark Motor that I had bought some 2 years ago and it was unused so I fitted it, this seemed to have cured the fault but next day the dish would not turn to the west, if I went into positioner setup I was able to search west and everything was ok again then until I had not tried to change channels again for awhile , when I did no west rotation, thinking maybe the Dark Motor was at fault I bought another new one with the same result. The cable run is about 15 metres, I have tried running a temp new feed with the same results. I have put a new openvix image on with the same results. Has anyone any ideas what could be causing this, could the duo have finally packed up but using the positioner menue I con do the full sweep of the motor both east and west.

Last edited:
I have had this setup for about 5 years now, last week the dish stopped turning it is a 1.1 mtr with a Technomate 2600 motor, it was the motor that was faulty, it was pretty much jammed. I had a Dark Motor that I had bought some 2 years ago and it was unused so I fitted it, this seemed to have cured the fault but next day the dish would not turn to the west, if I went into positioner setup I was able to search west and everything was ok again then until I had not tried to change channels again for awhile , when I did no west rotation, thinking maybe the Dark Motor was at fault I bought another new one with the same result. The cable run is about 15 metres, I have tried running a temp new feed with the same results. I have put a new openvix image on with the same results. Has anyone any ideas what could be causing this, could the duo have finally packed up but using the positioner menue I con do the full sweep of the motor both east and west.

15 meter is a fair old run to get such a small amperage to your motor, yes its worked before but coax can build up a resistance as it ages.

Over that length of run id swap out that coax and use some ct125 cable dont forget to do the link wire from the motor to the lnb too.

Thanks for replying Ferret, I was thinking of running a new cable I think it is ct100 I am using but it coincided with the 2600 going faulty and the dish moves fine using the positioner setup function, I have had inconclusive results using my spare Dreambox 500s, so maybe a cable change is required, trouble is it is buried under block paving for half of it's run into my back garden.

Thanks for replying Ferret, I was thinking of running a new cable I think it is ct100 I am using but it coincided with the 2600 going faulty and the dish moves fine using the positioner setup function, I have had inconclusive results using my spare Dreambox 500s, so maybe a cable change is required, trouble is it is buried under block paving for half of it's run into my back garden.

Just run a temporary run to see if there is an improvement.

Yes I tried all these things to prove the 2600 was faulty which it is, so I will do it all again with this new Dark Motor to see if it answers any questions. I was just wondering what the vu+duo outputted that was only able to move the dish in one direction, the cable being the same in both directions.

Yes I tried all these things to prove the 2600 was faulty which it is, so I will do it all again with this new Dark Motor to see if it answers any questions. I was just wondering what the vu+duo outputted that was only able to move the dish in one direction, the cable being the same in both directions.

Lol seems daft doesn't it but seen things like this time and time again over long runs.

Why not try the dark motor on a short patch lead in the house that will confirm if the motor is ok or not.

Yes tried this when I first got the motor and it behaved itself but it had no dish on it.

Back