Vu+ Duo, my first impressions

The box could have been better designed, but the screen is easy to read.
I actually like the remote . I have over a dozen remotes, and I like how it stands out from the rest.
The most important thing it works okay. As Witchy has taken the lid off, perhaps he would like to sell it second hand- lol . Regarding the plug, all it needs is a 13 amp plug to change it with.

As Witchy has taken the lid off, perhaps he would like to sell it second hand- lol

No I haven't!

I don't own one. Digidude opens all his boxes and installs blue LED's before he even switches them on, not me.

dont mind what the box looks like as it does what it says not like my last abcom
9000hd as most of the lower shelf are black units and i like the white remote as like everybody else all shapes and colours,also have a harmony still in packet somewhere:banana::Clap:

Mines up and running with a minimum amount of fuss. Which says a lot for how easy it is.
I like the look of the unit kind of retro. Miles bigger than my dm600 but then again it stacks and looks neat as it's the same size as everything else
Remote looks like it'l get dirty quick, but the keys are nicely laid out and clear. Maybe they are a little clicky but to me that just means I know it's been pressed.
Picture output is great, crystal clear football action.
Just packed a technomate 5200 back in the box to go off to ebay. Definately no competition. But then the price tag is a little bigger. Plus a prefer the enigma style ssettings.
Wizbit77

Its been about a week have you had a chance to play with the box yet.

Had my box nearly 2 months had loads of time to play currently using Dream Elite Vu+ Duo BH 1.3.3F image.

This is a very stable image not had on crash in 2 weeks its the greatest satellite box i have owned with great support.

@ bassethound

I couldent agree with you more I got my box about 3 months ago and was impressed with it then. Now the box has grown and been well supported its even better.

But I still would like to hear Digi`s opinion.

ive still not had a chance to play with it yet, ive been so busy

thinking about it though, i dont even know why i bought it, im a knob like that sometimes lol, as the amount of telly i watch, i dont really need a single tuner box, never mind a twin tuner to watch one thing and tape another

ive also got a brand new 500G HDD so ill probably put the two together and sell it on for what ive paid for it while the receivers still un molested lol

its not long since the box has come out to the public, and they say that now that lots of us are using the box can give them feedback how to make it better.
negative review it will only make it a better vu+ box

I have a Vu+ Duo i do not find it a bad looking box

it looks like its apart of my top of the range Pioneer HiFi Separates

and the remote you can also get them in black for around 35 euro

172066d1270073264-new-vu-duo-enigma2-hd-twin-receiver-post-6532-1269884003.jpg

@ CraigW, do you have a link of where to buy spare remotes?

ive had this for a fortnight now, and it still hasnt been touched lol

Im never going to use it TBH, my DM800 only gets used for nick replay and stuff when the kids are here, so im probably gonna go back to one of my older DM models and get shot of everything else

so for sale, brand new, never plugged in, Vu+ Duo, can also bundle with a 500G WD brand new HDD for ~£460, or will throw in a used 300G for ~£410

jesus digi you must be ill mate its extremely unlike you not to dis-mantel a receiver to see what the build quality is like and then test the boll*x out of it for flaws

jesus digi you must be ill mate its extremely unlike you not to dis-mantel a receiver to see what the build quality is like and then test the boll*x out of it for flaws

He *knows* it's far superior than the TM800 but can't force himself to say so, so rather than do it, he's selling it. ;)

I wish I had the cash, I'd bite yer fecking hand off for it Digi. :)

@ Digidude, what would you say was your own personal favourite machine? I'm not asking you which machine was the most powerful etc, but what machine do you really like to use.

Me, I wish I still had my old satellite Sagem Dbox2, I really loved that machine, old and clunky, didn't even have the IDE interface installed so no PVR, but I loved it.

lol @ witchy

feature wise, theres no denying, it is the best receiver i have in the house at the moment, the only other twin tuner receivers i have here are fooked sly+ and sly+HD ones lol

ive decided to sell it, as im an impulse buying knob, and instead of setting it all up, and making it second hand, and never using it, im gonna sell it on

if im honest, most of the gear i have ive gotten in the same way, bought a PS3, ive never played on it once, 4 xbox 360s, cos they were the right price, a DSi that ive used for about an hour, a Wii that was played for about 3 months, a wii fit board that was used for 3 hours, 2 360 guitar hero guitars, that have never been out of the box, XDAs, PDAs, satnavs, lasers, disco lights, morphsuits, the list goes on

im sitting on a goldmine of top grade technology crap that i never use, and buy the time i get round to selling it, its only worth 25% of its original value, thats if i dont end up giving it away just for the space lol, i mean cmon, i just bought a £200 tent 'cos the price was right' that ill probably use 3 or 4 times, then itll be taking up space lol

my favourite machine has to be my DM800 (original). i bought it just before the pound crashed against the euro, so had it for £370 delivered, then in PC world the guy fooked up on the till, so i had a 160G HDD for about £37. i bought it about 3 weeks after they were released, and the week after the price shot up due to the euro. ive got youtube player installed on it, my channel lists, and my cam to access my own internal network, its still running a very old nabilo BH image, i think its 0.9 or sommat like that, but it works

Back