VU + DUO Advice Required

Pranav

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All

I have just purchased a VU + DUO. I am a newbie with the satellite but have crawled through and read many forums and went ahead with buying it as there is good support around.

To begin Im interested in getting all ASIAN CHANNELS (like SAB TV, STAR PLUS, STAR NEWS, NDTV etc) and Sports channels too.

I have a S*Y DISH from my old S*Y subscription I had. I wanted to know is this setup OK to proceed?

I am finding it extremely difficult to gain a server so I can subscribe to them to get the channels??

(1) Can someone please suggest whether I need to buy anything else or is the old S*Y dish ok?
(2) Can you please recommend a good pay server?

Thanks

besides sats at 95e and 74e, what others sats broadcast these channels coz depending where u live atm u aint gonna get them with a sky dish unless u have a server on 28e with these channels, which i already gave u a link for

Last edited:
hi bod

thanks yes all i want know is all Asian channels that i can get in SKY UK (standard) so the lieks of Sab TV, Star plus

i looked on the lyng site for what frequencies they exist in - will this be possible??

If you use your existing dish you will be fine. Just flash your box with your desired image... the.. FTP over some latest Enigma2 Settings using dreamset or dbedit...

Once you have the channels....you need to find a paid server which hosts the channels that you required on 28.2.

Thats it :D

Lemme know if there is anything els eyou need advice on.

hi mate

ive installed the VIX Image on my box - I can see all the channels some are ofcourse encrypted but i have a cline now.

However I am not sure what to do for the CCAM.

I can see CCAM in the plugins but not sure which one to download and how to activate the CCAM once downloaded??

Ive seen people mention about FTP - Will I need to do this? Why do peopl FTP files into the box and do I need to do this?
can you provide some help please?

install ccam, put your c line into ccam.cfg then ftp back to var/ect then start ccam.

Hi its working now thanks for your help
Can you tell me how I can delete the adult channels on the VU + DUO. I can set patrental control but i want to delte them as I dont want someone to mistakely enter pin number wrong 3 times.

Thanks

Use a program called dbedit. Basically its a program for editing your channel list to how you want it.

Use a program called dbedit. Basically its a program for editing your channel list to how you want it.

Thanks mate do u know where I can dwnload this from?

Back