vu duo 2 recording

as far as i know it records one while watch one my tuners have loop through and can with the loop through cable but this is way above me mate

Any chance of a picture of that tuner mate im curious.

As for how many channels can be recorded at the same time well since a given transponder can carry say 8 maybe more channels on the same TP then it in theory could recored them all if the Hard drive was not a limitation but it is. Ive read upto 16 channel would be the limit of the best hard drives but ive not tested it.

take the tuner out the box or picture of the outside of the box mate i can do either

Picture of exterior will be easier. Close up showing the text on the tuner.

Can you also post the screenshot of the devices page?
Menu > Information > Devices
(may be slightly differnet on your image)

Attachments

• devices.jpg
    devices.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0
Picture of exterior will be easier. Close up showing the text on the tuner.

Can you also post the screenshot of the devices page?
Menu > Information > Devices
(may be slightly differnet on your image)

IMAG0076.jpgIMAG0079.jpg

so record one while watch one is that correct mate

Yes one cable into each

Setup both tuners like this

Single
Simple
28 E

Only use the equal to on tuner b if your on loopthrough or just one cable into tuner a but then recording option may not be watch one record one if the channels are not on the same tp/polarity

thanks mate i was told equal to off person bought box off as tuner b keeps dispersing lol whats the difference please

thanks mate i was told equal to off person bought box off as tuner b keeps dispersing lol whats the difference please

Do you have 2 cables from your lnb ? If so use then on each tuner and then setup both as

Single
Simple
28 E

This is the only way to maximise your recording and viewing options.

Equal to and loopthrough are single lnb option and limit recording and viewing options.

What do you mean by "dispersing"?

If this is a typo/auto correct for "disappearing", do you find you only have Tuner A listed in your list of tuners?

"equal to" means that tuner config is "equal to"/ "same as" the other tuner. You get to select the tuner you are morroring. This is for use by people with complicated/advanced setups. It saves them having to reconfigure the tuner again.

Do NOT use this if you only have one signal wire connected and have more than one tuner. You will get tune failed issues when it tries to uses the other tuner.

hi noticed when recording sometimes tuner b is missing strange issue mainly when box freezes and i reboot power by switch

hi im using open atv seems more stable at moment my tuners havnt disappeared only been 3 days lol

"Tuner not available/no free tuner" does not mean "Tuner is missing". It means tuner is being used.

If the Tuner actually goes missing, you cannot see it in your list of tuners, there is a hardware fault. Tuner card or socket/circuit board.

vu uk have said they will replace tuners if it happens again i was using openvix things have got better since changed to openatv so fingers crossed

Another test you might want to consider, swap the tuner modules/cards around. If the problem is now with tuner A, that is conformation that the card is faulty.

only ever tuner b on both gone 3 days on open atv no issue any more and ill send tuners back

I have 2 Sat tuners and one DVB-T / C tuner, so far no issues with.

Back