Vu Duo 2 completely Dead

nobby20

Inactive User
Reaction score
Similar story to someone else that posted recently weirdly enough only difference is mine is still completely dead.

Saturday the Vu duo 2 box crashed and wouldn't boot back on. I grabbed a new version of openvix and managed to flash the box and set it up scan channels etc all good.

About an hour later the box crashed again and I haven't been able to get it working again since. I have removed the internal hard drive thinking that might be the issue but no difference.

Currently when I power the box on at the back I have the little white light at the front but thats all. Nothing comes up on either front screen or the TV. Wont let me refresh or anything.

Got a feeling after some research online its probably the motherboard capacitors that are done but has anyone any ideas?

Just a late side note I tried taking the tuners out and replacing them earlier after reading in another thread that reseating them worked for him but still in the same situation.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

As an aside I was recommended this forum by someone I met on another forum and was told to tag in Ferret hope you don't mind mate

Dont mind mate no but the capacitor issue is referring to the old Duo not the duo2.

The problem you have with your duo2 is not common and therefore there is no real info out on it. It could be caps but unless any have an obvious bulge/domed head thenit is hard to say.

Thanks for the reply Ferret I didn't see anything obvious when I opened it up I might take a closer look later but my guess is that its pretty much dead and nothing I can do to bring it back to life short of replacing the whole motherboard.

Id say with the symptoms its the psu board, if you see nothing its worth a TV repair guy checking the PSU board voltages.

Thanks Ferret I just bought a Vu Uno 4k cos I'm a sucker. Ill whack the Duo up on eBay i think as faulty and get what i can for it. Let it be someone else problem

Back