VU+ clone just received.

Not sure where you got that figure from i have just been on and its $260.00 delivered which run through a converter comes in at £165.71 roughly, Never pay in pounds on the site always use dollars you get a far better rate

Just ordered one using dollars ( i was using pounds)
it was just under €270 inc shipping, i will let you know how much came out in £ when the wife phones to complain at me for using her debit card.

well got another vu+ today.. it came with 120gb hdd had it all up and running fine... just opened it up to put my new 500gb HDD in connected it all up , lid back on, powered on and it just says starting...... nothing on tv

just took lid off and i notice fan on psu is not running... disconnected power/ sata from hdd. tried again still the same...

so im thinking my HDD is possibly killing the psu boards.. ??:(

ill give it 20 mins sitting there see if it does anything if not ill try a reflash..... gutted :(

anyone got spare psu i can buy that they can post today? :(

Clones seem to be more trouble than they worth.

looks that way... ive just reflashed the image again with usb and seems to have bought it back..
so just powered off again and now reconnected HDD and attempting to boot it back up again. its just on logo page at the moment...

I bought an original and thank god I haven't seen any problem with it. To be honest I'm quite bored of it as it just works.

Clone DUO's have had reports of faulty PSU's on some units. What hard drive are using 2.5" SATA laptop drives ? Or the 3.5" Desktop drives ? Stick to the 2.5" laptop drives less power comsuption and draw on the PSU and less heat.
So far i've had no issues with my clone, V2 DUO it's been fine. I did notice on the Ferarri forum, they claim the clones have themselves been cloned..i.e: theres lower quality clones of the Ferarri clones doing the rounds ...

... I did notice on the Ferarri forum, they claim the clones have themselves been cloned..i.e: theres lower quality clones of the Ferarri clones doing the rounds ...

That's a corker, a clone of a clone, next thing is the original clone makers will be suing the clone clone makers for breach of copyright, or should that be breach of cloneright?

From reading around a bit I would not touch a clone Vu+ with a ripe kipper never mind a barge pole, there is just too much grief with them. Best clones going are those Dreambox dm800se clones, right nice piece of kit.

Cdmt
Pimpi

Hi all,

just quick update.. as you may read just over week ago i got VU+duo with had a faulty display and then started to freeze on boot (starting......)

anyway just to let you all know i put a new PSU in it today and it resolved the issue display is fine and box boots and displays picture :) and got psu fairly cheap £15
now i just have a spare one i need to sell. lol

I take it you got my PSU then Grant I'm glad it's working and hows the other box doing all good I hope :Bounce:

so you bought 2x duo clones @ £180 each, and a replacement PSU for one of them at £15, thats £395, to end up with one working clone?

an original would have been much cheaper

Why not try one of these akimo alien things that digi and a few others have been testing? Sound pretty good for a cheap twin tuner :)

Sent from my telephone.

An amiko probably can't compare to a vu duo at this stage. Duo has proven functionality, support and decent enigma 2 images with all features working. Amiko are unknown newboys at this stage..enigma 2 was on alpha state last time I checked. Although it has dual boot with sparc I haven't seen one or had a play so don't know how good sparc is, very much a sit back and watch what happens receiver.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

so you bought 2x duo clones @ £180 each, and a replacement PSU for one of them at £15, thats £395, to end up with one working clone?

an original would have been much cheaper

I sold him a clone Duo that was working and sold him a psu for a non working box so he now was 2 Duo's for the price of 1 genuine.

Ps people don't put 3.5 inch drives in clones, they don't like them. And make sure the fan is working or you will suffer reported problems :Bounce:

Last edited:
I sold him a clone Duo that was working and sold him a psu for a non working box so he now was 2 Duo's for the price of 1 genuine.

Ps people don't put 3.5 inch drives in clones, they don't like them. And make sure the fan is working or you will suffer reported problems :Bounce:

It's beneficial to run a 2.5inch laptop drive for a few reasons...less power draw, less heat generated etc... But the original DUO was designed specifically for 3.5" drives thats why they have a 3.5" drive bracket. Some clone PSU's are just poor and not up to the job.
Although a google search reveals some original DUO's also have PSU problems...nowhere near as many as reported on some clones though. Personally I havent had any issues with my DUO clone, but im using a fixed dish, and laptop 2.5" hard drive. Most people who have issues have 3.5" drives also motorised dishes put strain on the PSU to draw power for the motor.

Hi portbhoy,
i actually just sent you an email before coming on here.. didnt know you were a member on here...
yep got the psu this morning.. postman woke me up at the crack of dawm, so as i was awake fitted it first thing (just after wiping the sleep from my eyes)

i have a 2.5" on order so as soon as that comes im gonna swap it out. at the moment the mended vu+ doesnt have a HDD in..
glad its fixed tho. will probably sell it on now... or maybe put it in another room?? i had to wipe it though as i couldnt bare the logo page (hahahha) saying that i see you have just won 0-2 so well done.

You've really been splashing the cash grant! A legit sly sub would have cost less for the year lol

How close to having all your boxes setup and ready to go are you? Started on the 800's yet?

Sent from my telephone.

Back