Other VPS and VPN

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently running plex in AWS and wanna move to an another provider since they are so cheap. Currently looking at Oneprovider.

looking at the specs I am planning on running a lot more than just Plex. I plan on running at least the following
Plex,
Torrent downloader
Sickrage or similar
Couchpatato or similar.
OpenVPN server

As many providers seem to also offer seedboxes I would assume there is no need for a VPN?. I would rather not have to use one.

Anyone using a VPS and not using a VPN? Can you let me know what provider you are using?

Last edited:
Any chance you could talk me through how to install stuff in AWS. Had a quick look but it seems quite technical.

Any chance you could talk me through how to install stuff in AWS. Had a quick look but it seems quite technical.

AWS is quiet simple the issue with AWS is they use the worse naming conventions known to man that makes it seem very complicated/technical.

PM me what you need to know and I will help where i can. Same goes for everyone else who needs help with AWS.

I use AWS and emailoptopus for mass emailing for work, did not know that they could be used for downloading

I use AWS and emailoptopus for mass emailing for work, did not know that they could be used for downloading

You can use AWS for anything the only thing with it is the bloody cost but it is great if you want to run your own VPN server and can spin it up in any location. Since the VPN EC2 instane does not need much resources it keeps you in the free tier. A free personal VPN server in any location you want where would you get it.

Been downloading and running plex among other things on VPS now for the last week and have had no complaints from the provider so it is save to save that if they allow P2P in there T&Cs that you should be ok.

Back