Other VPN Waste of Time?

Cressi

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone know why more and more services ( Prime ) for example now know that I am using a VPN and will not operate as before.?

Sorry that came across wrong. How do they know and how do I get around it.

Sorry that came across wrong. How do they know and how do I get around it.

They will be getting lots of traffic from similar IP address ranges. It's difficult to get round that but I'd try lesser known or less popular anonymisers (I don't know any, that's just what I'd try).

My Amazon Prime is now non functional behind a VPN. Don't even get a chance to load UK
content on my box. It immediately picks up VPN and blocks me. Vpn set for alternative part of UK but it just picks up the I'm using VPN and blocks me.

My Amazon Prime is now non functional behind a VPN. Don't even get a chance to load UK
content on my box. It immediately picks up VPN and blocks me. Vpn set for alternative part of UK but it just picks up the I'm using VPN and blocks me.

It wouldn't surprise me if VPN server owners sold their IP addresses so that servers could detect them.

Win-win.

It's a right pain in the ar*e if I have left VPN on on router and go to work and kids then phone up to say that Prime not working.

Apparently this is an extremely common problem with non-logging VPN's.
Basically, your VPN provider has a "no-logging" policy, then it's going to end up on a blacklist no matter what.
If you were to buy a subscription to a VPN service that DOES log (such as Hotspot Shield or VyprVPN), you'll find almost no website block their servers because these companies log and shut down the accounts of people who hack or send spam.

Have you tried Vyper? I have Pure & Vyper and I find that sometimes one works and the other doesn't depending on what geo you are trying for.

Another alternative, if your router allows, is to route the domains required for websites like Netflix and Amazon Prime out to your usual ISP, whilst all other traffic is still directed through your VPN connection. OpenVPN allows this via fqdn in its configuration.

Back