Vplug 2.4.2 & windows 7 Ult

birkenhead

Inactive User
Reaction score
I recently ungraded to windows 7 with Mediaportal Beta 1.1, with Mdapi....

The problem i have, the vplug icon in the sys-tray (taskbar) as vanished, does anyone know fix for this? as i will in time need to edit the keys etc....

I recently ungraded to windows 7 with Mediaportal Beta 1.1, with Mdapi....

The problem i have, the vplug icon in the sys-tray (taskbar) as vanished, does anyone know fix for this? as i will in time need to edit the keys etc....

Click on the small white triangle in the notification area (next to clock) you will see icons for all the programs running in the background, click customise change the drop down box next to vplugs to show icon, there is info around here to make vplug auto-update although I doubt there will be many keyrolls before nagra 3 hits.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, i should of said it no even showing in the notification area!!!

any other idea's?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, i should of said it no even showing in the notification area!!!

any other idea's?

No mate it won't unless you "Click on the small white triangle in the notification area, click customise, scroll down then change the drop down box on the right opposite vplug to show icon and notifications" or right click on the taskbar, click properties/customise then as above.

Last edited:
Tried all that, its just not in the notifications window, even when i tick show all icons..... it just not there, although Vplug works fine!

Just not able to edit the keys without the icon showing, unless you know another way!

Also tried this (see below).... still no luck. Although it did find another icon which wasn't there for my DVB-T card!

I'm begining to think Vplug 2.4.2 isn't completable with windows7 Ult?

System icons do not appear in the notification area in Windows Vista or in Windows 7 until you restart the computer

Last edited:
i have had the same problem to,the way i found how to change the keys is a have dvbdream with vplug plugin.start dvbdream and the vplug icon shows up in the little task bar...then if you find your vplug set up in dvbdream plugin folder u can edit v-keys file with the latest keys,then copy this file into the mediaportal tv server file were u have install vplug....

Tried all that, its just not in the notifications window, even when i tick show all icons..... it just not there, although Vplug works fine!

Just not able to edit the keys without the icon showing, unless you know another way!

Also tried this (see below).... still no luck. Although it did find another icon which wasn't there for my DVB-T card!

I'm begining to think Vplug 2.4.2 isn't completable with windows7 Ult?

System icons do not appear in the notification area in Windows Vista or in Windows 7 until you restart the computer

Strange that! I don't use mediaportal so can't help (too fancy for me), have you tried the above changes with mediaportal and vplug running? maybe a post in the pc problems, one of the lads there may be able to help.

i have had the same problem to,the way i found how to change the keys is a have dvbdream with vplug plugin.start dvbdream and the vplug icon shows up in the little task bar...then if you find your vplug set up in dvbdream plugin folder u can edit v-keys file with the latest keys,then copy this file into the mediaportal tv server file were u have install vplug....

FIXED

School boy error....

Read the PDF in the c:\MDAPIsetup folder regarding the installation of Mdapi with vista, theirs a folder called vistatrayIcon.

1, open vistatrayicon folder, copy all files to Mediaportal Tv server. (program files (x86)
2, Stop TV services.
3, Execute the vistatrayicon.cmd (scripted)
4, Restarted TV Services.
5, Reboot (maybe required)

your Icon then return.

Last edited:
Back