Vox AU Flashing

DEANOBOY

Inactive User
Reaction score
Flashed my box last night with "fix" and to be honest didn`t pay a great deal of attention to it. Saw that it started ok (after reset) and left it for a few moments when i returned the message saying download complete was displayed. Didnt give it a second thought.

Just flashed my mates box though and although it does appear to have flashed ok with download successful message I noticed it only installs about 2/3% of the new fix image. Presumably this is because all that requires to be flashed to the box is the "modified" element of the image and thus the original image, in the main, was ok - can anyone confirm please?

Also, went in and we changed the keys (using manual update method) but the box did not update just message saying "please wait updating codes". Tried my own box the same way and same message. Is this because you actually have to delete the key rather than manually modifying it for it to work?

Anyone help clarify - much appreciated.
Edit/Delete Message

what you mention didnt happen with me mate, how did it work out, let us know please ??

no point in posting questions and not telling the outcome.

:Cheers:

thanks for reply mate - no joy i`m afraid the image stops at 2/3%. I am told that it is a memory problem with some boxes so looks like i`m stuck with inputting keys - no big deal really. Just like going back to old "funs".

cant you send the box back and get it swapped mate, it obviously has a fault and iam sure the people/person you bought it from would swap it over for you, they would need to be a right arsehole if they didnt ?

@thomson got the box working ok - thanks to someones help. All the problem was I was pulling out the power socket when it said system reset but because this was the second flash image I should have just left it a few seconds for it to update by itself without reset. Works a treat.

DEANOBOY said:
@thomson got the box working ok - thanks to someones help. All the problem was I was pulling out the power socket when it said system reset but because this was the second flash image I should have just left it a few seconds for it to update by itself without reset. Works a treat.

Good for you mate, iam glad you got it sorted :Cheers:

Back