voltage

lynsey76

Member ++
Reaction score
hi, can anyone tell me if voltage settings need to be changed for motorised dish

Hi lynsey76,

How long ago did you install/motorise yourself...?
Did you have everything working after installing/motorising...?
Are you sure the problem is not being caused by something really simple... like the Satellite cable being slightly pulled out of the F-Connectors that attach to the rear of your receivers...? This can easily happen when you are sliding cabinets/receivers forwards repeatedly... just a thought...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

I'm asking , do you need change voltage settings for motorised dish?

You should not need to increase the voltage on a normal install, i think there is the option in e2 settings to increase voltage but i would guess this maybe to drive a vbox with bigger dish. I think I have read on other forums you have installed the dish yourself and as yet not had any signal.

You should not need to increase the voltage on a normal install, i think there is the option in e2 settings to increase voltage but i would guess this maybe to drive a vbox with bigger dish. I think I have read on other forums you have installed the dish yourself and as yet not had any signal.
SORRY, yes your right but I have a company coming a week on Friday to install set up, but now I'm not even getting signal on any of my boxes through my old sky dish, it beggars belief.

So the sky dish did you move it or remove the lnb? Do you have have a skybox to try and see if there is any signal from the dish? Do you own a multimeter to check to see if the is a short between inner and outer cores on your cables. If you have made the connections yourself then just one strand of copper between inner and outer cores will cause you problems.

So the sky dish did you move it or remove the lnb? Do you have have a skybox to try and see if there is any signal from the dish? Do you own a multimeter to check to see if the is a short between inner and outer cores on your cables. If you have made the
connections yourself then just one strand of copper between inner and outer cores will cause you problems. I've checked and check connections, I've got one more thing to try tomoz, ill update once done thanks.

Back