Mobile Phones Vodafone replacement phone

steve7713

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has any one been offered a replacement phone because there is not supported any more.

The wife had a Nokia 6110 navigator that failed and was offered a Nokia 6700 slide or a reconditioned X6, both I was told had GPS. She picked the 6700, but I do not think it has GPS, I does not have standalone GPS from what I can find and now they do not have any X6's left.

How does the GPS work on the 6700 and what phone could I get that would work?

What is the difference between Vodafone Sat nav compatible and Built in GPS (OK, built in should have a GPS receiver).

I am loosing the rag with they ether they are not explaining it well or I am missing something.

She is on a basic tariff phone and text and only uses the GPS once or twice a month.

Losing my rag with all phone companies now. Seems like no-ones interested in keeping your business.
Make sure you telll them your sendin the phone back. I think you have 7 days cooling off period. Otherwise you'll be stuck with a lump of crap. Been there done that.
Sorry I can't help on the phones I haven't use those models myself.
Wizbit7

surely this would enable you to get out of your contract would it not? i would certainly wait and see if it would mean a breach of contract on there part, and then get out of the contract andget a new one, with a decent phone.

According to this it doesn't have GPS:

hxxp://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6700_slide-3035.php

After 2 trips to the store and 2 call to there help desk I am getting a Nokia X6 for her today or am I. 3 text from Vodafone within an hour yes I am, no I am not and finally yes I am.

Roll on 6pm to find out.

Dude call the call centre and kick off. Vodafone have something called believe the customer at the moment, and they will give you virtually anything. Trust me, I used to be a manager there. ha ha.

Dump them and get a T-Mobile Pulse with 100 minutes,100 texts,UNLIMITED internet and a Flexible Booster for 7.5 pounds per month (24 month contract), the phone has gps ect...review here
T mobile number is 0800 956 2208

Got a new X6 yesterday, they could not get a recon.

She seams to like it and has full GPS, I think run to the end of the contract and get it unlocked before moving on to SIM only.

I do not think vodafone can read, well not English, when I was in the store he showed me my account and I was still expected to repeat everything again.

Back