Vod ?

akira

Inactive User
Reaction score
been hearing alot of talk about VOD, but note sure what it is. when will this be introduced and how will it affect me. do i need to do anything to my box and card before or after this is introduced.

VOD "video on demand" when it comes to your area no ppv movies I'm afraid. As far as I'm aware there is no way round this.

how to have VOD (video on demand)

This is the new procedure for those people who would like to have video on demand firstly make sure you have a pen and paper ready as you will need this later on.

Firstly please tune your cable box to channel 107 as this is the channel that VOD is now on it is now called Filmflex (stupid name ) anyway you now have your box tuned to 107 and the trailers will be on so make a note of what trailer you are watching you must continue watching all the trailers on this channel until you have seen them all and make a note of which film you would like to see with your pen and paper and once this has been done you can then move on to the next stage.

Pick up your cable remote and press the stand-by button which is the button on the very top of your cable remote thus putting your cable box into stand-by mode but do not turn off or put the TV into stand-by as this must be left on.

Once you have done that move on

You can then walk or drive to your local video rental shop pick up a dvd or video pop it in the player at home and hey presto VIDEO ON DEMAND.

Last edited:
VOD fix

JIMMYQ said:
This is the new procedure for those people who would like to have video on demand firstly make sure you have a pen and paper ready as you will need this later on.

Firstly please tune your cable box to channel 107 as this is the channel that VOD is now on it is now called Filmflex (stupid name ) anyway you now have your box tuned to 107 and the trailers will be on so make a note of what trailer you are watching you must continue watching all the trailers on this channel until you have seen them all and make a note of which film you would like to see and make a note of it with your pen and paper and once this has been done you can then move on to the next stage.

Pick up your cable remote and press the stand-by button which is the button on the very top of your cable remote thus putting your cable box into stand-by mode but do not turn off or put the TV into stand-by as this must be left on.

Once you have done that move on

You can then walk or drive to your local video rental shop pick up a dvd or video pop it in the player at home and hey presto VIDEO ON DEMAND.

:confused: Does this fix work with tits & mosc's or will I have to upgrade to a Blockbuster membership card?

fatblerk said:
:confused: Does this fix work with tits & mosc's or will I have to upgrade to a Blockbuster membership card?

Yes, nice one m8

So in other words we are all screwd up.

Hasta la vista: tosser : : tosser :

well its the only way round it as yet

im still not VOD as yet cant wait though...lol

thanks for all the info. so theres no way around it yet or there will not be. will this video on demand not work like front row

I read somewhere that the dreambox and dbox2 will be able to get VOD.

yes mate only if some one is watching it and you perform a scan at the same time in your street ...lol

just noticed i no longer have ppv but teleport movies. is this VOD

nooooo, so many films i wanted to watch.

but this teleport serivce seems very good, u think they will come up with a hack for this.

Back