VOD Area?

steve9218

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hiya people, can you help in explaining VOD? I've done a mosc and used rom 10 image but ppv dont work, however it did with my atmega and fun cards, any ideas?

As stated above NVOD = Near video on demand. These channels were broadcast to everybody at set intervals. You picked an event at a certain time and then were authorised to view that event. This technology has efectively been made obsolete by the new VOD system although a few events (usually sporting type) will continue to use the system

VOD = Video on demand is a new technology where you pick the time you want to view something. You decide what you want to watch and then book the event. You are then in total control of that stream with the ability to fast forward/fast rewind/pause/stop etc just as though you had a DVD playing. Tha actual data stream is not broadcast but is routed to the particular network node where the order originated. This allows bandwidth to be allocated on a per node basis.
use the search like i did

Not gone vod yet.

I have a ditv200 running atmega, i can watch front row on it no probs, however i have another 2000 box running mosc that was origanally paired with this box but cant get ppv, i choose the time and everything but when the channel change happens to watch the ppv it just stays blank after i enter my pin. im running rom 10a16 image for c&w.

:Cheers:

liam,

if you look at my post, theres 2 questions in it, im merely pointing out the one that hasn't been answered.

wots the point in posting on ere if no body answers, im not referring to mone, its judt an observation.?

steve9218 said:
I have a ditv200 running atmega, i can watch front row on it no probs, however i have another 2000 box running mosc that was origanally paired with this box but cant get ppv, i choose the time and everything but when the channel change happens to watch the ppv it just stays blank after i enter my pin. im running rom 10a16 image for c&w.

well to me leave the box on with atmega and watch ppv because by the time you find out vod will be here and the atmega wont get ppv either ( try programing it with new image

The-Dogs-Nutts said:
jimmyq you can be so brutal.............lol............

no mate the way i look at it if someone has people stick to one thread{similar subject} they have a better chance of getting the answers and get a better understanding too

steve9218 said:
wots the point in posting on ere if no body answers, im not referring to mone, its judt an observation.?

You only posted yesterday m8, we can't always provide instant service unfortunately :)

But to attempt to answer your question;
Have you tried using a different image on your MOSC card? Some of them are a bit dodgy, whereas some of them will run like a dream. Changing the card image may get PPV working on your MOSC :)

Liam

steve9218 said:

I rekon it could be coz the ppv teir on the rom image try changing the image on the card with that works on the software 4 your box eg (cr1,cr3.2)
ps did you use nagra 3 or 4 ?
Peeps will help ya mate but you got to help us with more info sometimes!:)

Back