VM Weak Signal

faisalpandu

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

Wondered if someone can help. I have VM Internet and and wanted to setup my VuSolo2 on VM using the Vu+ Turbo USB Tuner. The issue I have is when I have split the feed using a splitter the modem would not connect at all. Direct works fine. I finally managed to get it working tuned into the box as well and keep getting blocky pictures like signal is weak. Is there anything I can do to boost the signal.

Or is it better getting a basic TV package from VM and asking them to boost signal from green box.

what splitter did you use and does it break up on freeview channels if so does this go away if no splitter is used

Thanks guys. The splitter was 5-1000 MHZ. Did not have much time to test freeview and non-freeview as it was 2am by the time modem pick up a signal. Will re-check again today and post findings

Thanks for this. I have got the upstream and downstream info but left it on my other lappy will post after work. I have ordered the signal booster. Do I use this instead of splitter?

Anything with a negative value below 5-6 will be the issue the above splitter posted by joe516 will boost your signal by 4-6db.

Back