vm update

weeadam

Inactive User
Reaction score
my mate is in pure ntl area and his box took the update lastnight hes using a tit 2 be hes no longer getting any channels any ideas is it a different file for the new update

my mate is in pure ntl area and his box took the update lastnight hes using a tit 2 be hes no longer getting any channels any ideas is it a different file for the new update

rebbot with card out the when done put card in this should solve it m8

Hello

Ive got the same problem, been puzzling over this for a few weeks now so any advice greatlty appreciated.

I dont know if it the Rom images im using or the programs on the TIT2, i had sucess for 3 or 4 days after i used the tier patch in downloads and then the card died again.

Has anyone got working Image for an ex NTL Virgin updated area and also working TIT2 hexes and eep that they wouldnt mind sharing?

Thanks in advance

Moonster

few of my mates dont work either... any ideas why?

ok just to try and clear a few points
when you do a forced update ( as i have done with sammy 2100 + pace 1000 )
make sure the card is out when you do the update wait till you get your smart card is removed on screen
then replace the card and the card and box will need to pair again as with box and card pairing first time this may take 5 - 30 mins ( mine were done in 10 )
if you update with the card in you get blank screen as if you have used the wrong flash if so reboot box ( with card out ) and then when full rebooted ( with you are not subbed message or the card is removed ) replace card and allow box and card to pair then check subbed channels and all should be working fine

This happened with my sammy too, what i noticed was that although the tit2 went off my opus was still working so as my tit2 had no tiers on it i just copied my opus image over and wrote that to the tit2 and all's working perfectly again.

...... and box will need to pair again as with box and card pairing first time this may take 5 - 30 mins ( mine were done in 10 ) ......

No, neither the box or the card can initiate pairing. It can only occur via a hit from the cc's control station and that only occurs for a very limited time when the engineer initially installs your system (he rings up and asks for a hit !)

Firmware updates do not un-pair box/card combinations. The boxkey for a box is stored in the loader which is never part of the update. The card can only be unpaired via an Emm - only the provider can initiate this !

Assuming that the box has not been killed by the update then there can only really be two things wrong here !

1/ There is something very wrong with the image you are using. Very likely the tiers are wrong !

2/ Something has changed in the firmware and it is now requesting information that the card cannot properly provide. Only way to resolve this kind of problem would be a logging session !

Back