VM price rises due in March

Oggiman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Money Saving Expert are advising VM customers to expect another round of price rises....

Read HERE

My contract is over next month , i got an 18 moth contract for £30 if they don't do me another deal i'm off

See this deal from Vodafone is there anyone got this service and is it reliable ?

• 102Mb average* speed
  • Unlimited downloads
  • £0.00 Setup costs
  • 24 month contract
  • £23.00

Got the email yesterday, £3.25 increase.

Rang them they offered to put a credit on the account so I won't get the price increase, but they said that last year and I had to ring them every month until November, before I finally got a correct bill again. Then they offered to do a new deal for a great price, that was only £5 a month more than I am currently paying. Needless to say I told them to shove it and cancelled (contract in wifes name) and said I will sign up again in my name.

Was told that I can't do that, I need to give 30 days notice (butted in and said I just gave you that), then said the property would need to be without any VM services for 60 days after the current contract ends, before I could sign up with them as a new customer.

I said well whatever, don't care, cancel it.

Got off the phone from him and rang the CEO office, as I wasn't sure what I was told was true and wanted to put in a complaint about being lied to again. But turns out the info was true. However they checked a few things and called me back, and got someone from sales to ring me to setup the new contract, which starts the day my wifes contract ends.

Told them I found an offer online, M500 £36 a month fixed for 18 months, and £50 amazon voucher, he told me that they couldn't do the amazon voucher over the phone as it's an online only thing but instead could give me £50 credit on the account.

So now i've got a contract in my name, M500 for £36 a month and as I am an 02 customer too, I will finally get the Volt benefits too (couldn't have it before as the name on the 2 accounts did not match), so the M500 will increase to 1gig and my phone data will double too.

All for just £3 more than I was paying, but gain an extra 650mb and saved 25p (over what it would have been from March onwards).

Not as bad as the £30 a month increase on Gas/Elecy, but I'll still be canceling :).

I have the vodaphone service, mines is 108meg service for 2 years for 25 quid a month,ive never had a problem with it.I even get the 108meg when i do i speedtest on my phone wifi upstairs and the router is downstairs,so it must be a decent router!!

@Ferret

You could mention "Starlink" to VM retentions as an alternative ISP you are considering.

Im stuck and Virgin know it as there are no BT broadband lines on my street.

Virgin have got me by the balls. :mad:
No they don't, just tell them you can get 5G, they ain't gonna call you a liar.

I got the Email and my rise is huge :oops:

Our price increase won’t affect you until your fixed-price offer ends
From then, you’ll start paying the full price for your package, and this will be going up by £8.50 a month. If you’d like to check when your fixed-price offer ends, please refer to your bill.

My contract ends in march so be phoning in February to see what's what, it's going to be nearly £60, that's definitely not happening.

I really hope it back fires on them this time.

I suspect alot of customers usually just roll over and pay the extra and don't even bother trying to get a better deal.

But with the way things are right now, with everything going up, hopefully ALOT more customers than normal, ring up and complain / cancel or sort better deals where they pay less than they were and VM end up worse off for it.

Then they might think twice before doing it again in future.

I laugh at the way they say the increase is to improve services and give us a better experience. The only service I've ever noticed is how they take regularly increased sums of money from my bank account.
They used to offer "free" speed upgrades which were always followed a couple of months later by a price increase.

It's never a pound is it? Always a £3 - £5 increase. I recently had a new deal with them which includes 1 gig broadband, mixit tv, landline and a "free" sim card with 5G data.
The tv box has been switched off for over a month as the quality is shit. All blocky and I get all the same channels in brilliant quality from my Sky dish. I disconnected the landline when they charged me for ringing my mobile to test it, obviously I never answered the fcuking thing 😂 Cost me 50p for some unknown reason. Didn't really want it anyway. There is always a charge on my sim as well. Only £1 this month but I don't know why.

I've had some good deals of them in the past but always had a far better from Sky when I was with them.

Theres a new provider thats local to me. 6Ginternet. they are very well priced. I've been with them a few months now with no problems

Back