vm cable splitter

cactikid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok folks might have to look for a better coax splitter as my turbo tuner is not picking up all the channels so feed in and out to modem out for good box and spare out for testing purposes.
is there a 5-1000mhz?

Try and stick to the closest thing that VM use officially this will work a treat:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

It's also worth while checking your cable from any Splitter or main wall unit, 'F' connectors are fine but compression connectors are far better and so is using something like full copper cable WF100/TX100 or similar instead of cheap RG6 CCA or even getting the VM cable is you can, Connections should be 'nipped' up to just over hand tight where ever possible

this is what i am using after taking off a tratec one. and your thoughts on this one as i queried this one lol ?
3 way splitter..jpg

Thats a No-No! usually used on either Aerial or Satellite installs which allow the full bandwidth through thus allowing extra interference to pass over the 1000mhz frequencyrange VM use the 100-800mhz range

good to know as had issues when scanning and abm issues,he said ok to use on cable from a sat shop lol

Any suggestions for a place to get 3x50cm leads with compression connectors and the WF11/TX100 cable?

fleabay always a good option. they got everything on there. using a 5mhz-1000mhz splitter on my setup and its working great - did have the one in the pic above and absolute no no - also the connectors need to be tight - especially if you experience glitching

would this splitter (5mhz-1000mhz) work with cable in Ireland?

I walked out to a tech's van that works for Virgin & he gave me a splitter.

Some of my SD channels are crap & that's even with a new feed into the house

The ones in powercity work and if you have the old cable link you will have trouble when 4k goes live on cable .

this is what i am using after taking off a tratec one. and your thoughts on this one as i queried this one lol ?
View attachment 95548

That splitter is a definate NO NO guys for cable... if you look closely you will see it states power pass which is not used/required on the catv platform.

Those types of splitters are mainly used for communal satellite systems.

They can however also work well for internal or external use(insulated) with terrestrial aerials/masthead amps and are sometimes used as whats known as a dc pass...in other words you can split an aerial signal and power is still sent to the external amplifier.

2 way splitter = Tratec | eBay

Thats the older type splitter in the ebay link above which will work perfectly so use that for cable tv/or the newer technetix splitters if you can get them but they are more expensive with new branding...:)

Edit::

another good splitter for catv:)

Qamtex 3-way F-type Splitter Sky/virgin Media Cable Splitter | eBay

Last edited:
Back