Vm advice wanted

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hello peeps,
So here goes..... i had VM in my house 3 years ago, cancelled the tv but not the broadband, and continued to use the service, but for some reason i was not billed ( genuine, i wasnt using a modded modem ) yesterday i recieve a letter from vm saying they have upgraded there systems and can see i have been recieving the service for free, but as it was a fault on there part i will not be charged. So heres the question, im being charged £18.00 a month for broadband... whats the cheapest option i can go for where i can get them to include tv on the package, as ive seen this offer, and as an existing customer i believe i would qualify http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=15157
which would mean i could get them to install a new point in the house and get basic tv in my bedroom? any advice would be apprecated :)

Funny this story should popup, my mate had same thing not paid for 18 months and VM have just noticed, he then changed to the 15 quid package for 12 months of phone and broadband

Best bet is to just phone them up and hammer out a deal just depends who answers the call, you could get someone who is sound or a right jobs worth.

Not quite sure, but I get broadband, phone and the XL tv package for £40 a month.

cheers for the input guys, gunna ring them in a bit. Basically i dont wanna spend more than £20, i dont really need the foneline as i have skype, and the tv is just a bonus as if i wanted id just whack a dreambox on the end, just quite fancy having a bit more extra choice of tv in the bedroom tbh

this happened to a friend of mine aswell for over a year. i think its because they had some peoples broadband info saved on a separate system to their other packages such as tv and fone

You can get basic 2mb internet, phone and basic TV package for £20. But its just the freeview channels you get.

Funny this story should popup, my mate had same thing not paid for 18 months and VM have just noticed, he then changed to the 15 quid package for 12 months of phone and broadband

Student house I was living in had the exact same thing. They cancelled the broadband but it still kept working! Worked the whole 9 months I was there.

Back