VLC Stream to DBOX

sedate

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive been trying to work out what format the stream coming from a dbox is such that mpeg2 players like vlc can pick it up...I cant seem to find any references to VLC anywhere on the forum...does anyone happen to know what format VLC might pick it up as..ie http (which ive tried) rtsp etc? I have done a lot of work with clients in the past with setting up vlc for network tv and satellite streaming on LANS, but for the life of me I cant work out how this works.. :)

Cheers

I think you mean how to watch on wats on ur dbox2 to vlc player or media player wat ever. If so then you want to get the program which was flying around eariler this week called bitcontrol.

But if you want to vlc stream such as xvid's etc to dbox2 then on downloads there is a guide check that out,

ok

Hi Anish,

Nope- I mean that I DO want to use VLC to watch the stream. Bitcontrol is simply a codec which, like all other codecs, can be plugged into media player to allow you to use media player to view the dbox2 stream. I actually want to use VLC to view the stream- and to do that I need to know if the dbox is actually producing a standard transport stream or not-

I know that VLC can also be used to stream out- but i dont want to do that. Hope that helps to sort of clarify what im after...

Cheers

VLC can also be used to stream out, which is cool, but I want the reverse effectively

Watch a tv program, while staying in front of the pc using VLC and & WingrabTV:

1) install VLC with default installation settings
2) starts WingrabTV
3) Select Konfiguration (if it did not open automatically)
4) Provide the IP of the Dbox
5) Provide the path of VLC (ie: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe)
6) Tick Video Client Starten, Aktuellen Kanal streamen & Bouquet/ChannelList
restart WingrabTV
7) Select Channel to watch , VLC will open and play the TV Channel

Hope this helps

Cool, Thanks Khurum.

Looks like you need to run a client in front of VLC to get it to work- VLC then connects to itself using the loopback address- this suggests that the DBox outputs a non standard transport stream. Cheers guys.
:)

KhuramG said:
Watch a tv program, while staying in front of the pc using VLC and & WingrabTV:

1) install VLC with default installation settings
2) starts WingrabTV
3) Select Konfiguration (if it did not open automatically)
4) Provide the IP of the Dbox
5) Provide the path of VLC (ie: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe)
6) Tick Video Client Starten, Aktuellen Kanal streamen & Bouquet/ChannelList
restart WingrabTV
7) Select Channel to watch , VLC will open and play the TV Channel

Hope this helps

Gotta try this
Thanks m8.

Back