VLC & Pli Jade

blokeunknown73

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hiya guys.

Im running a dm500s with pli jade enigma, have tried the open nightly builds aswell, ive got vlcf working but in the directory listing on the dreambox it is all squashed to left under the red file colum, worked fine on neutrino dw3 cable, it will play movies etc but the listing is very squashed to left.

have tried different versions of vlcf and movieplayer 0.92 and 0.94 doesnt work at all, when selecting its just a black screen and then the box resets to the normal bootup channel.

ive got everything working on this image but this, doh.

will post on pli forum aswell and vlcf forum.if i can find it.

also, the play2dream (latest version and older ones) comes up with the usual cannot change directory but i can manually install anyway.

any help guys.

screenshot below

vlcf.png

Last edited:
can anyone help,tried to register on pli website so i can post there but wont let me, there must be some clever people out there, tried on other images and seems ok on some that vlc works on, plesae help or point me in the right direction to where is should ask this question, thanks

DM500s laptop & desktop.

I screwed up and can't sort this mess out. To begin with I set up PLAY2DREAM from my laptop wirless'ly and played back an .AVI clip I had on the laptop, it was a bit glitchy but only a 20 sec clip so didn't really get going anyway. Right I thought over to the big harddrive on the desktop pc copied over the P2D file and launch. Changed over the ip address & souce folder. No worko, humm, message on tv screen Movies from pc says "no server connection" I tried turning off all firewalls stillnot working, Help please Guys.. Thanks in advance

Back